When api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing, removed, or gets corrupted you will see an error message telling you;
“The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
In this case, you need to download a missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file to solve your DLL error problem.
You will see this error message while playing a game on Windows 7 OS or higher both 32-bit and 64-bit. The DLL file provided here is genuine and 100% working.
What is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
The origin of this DLL file is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 which is an important system program included in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
When the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer then you won’t be able to perform specific tasks or run important programs.
When you install a game on your computer DLL file is required to run its setup. If it’s missing then the game won’t execute and display an error message
“The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll”
A simple solution can fix this missing DLL file error.
Most Common Error Messages
- The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
Why this DLL file is Missing?
There are many reasons that trigger this error message but the most common causes are:
- Windows registry issues
- Malicious software
- Faulty applications
Sometimes users incorrectly install multiple software or programs that duplicate, remove, or corrupt this DLL file. In either case, you can fix this issue.
How To Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime on Windows PC
If origin, iTunes, audacity, photoshop, or any other program including games won’t open due to a missing DLL file then don’t panic. The easiest way to fix this problem is to download the missing DLL file from here.
- Check the operating system for 32-bit or 64-bit along with the build version.
- Download the DLL file that best matches your system.
Other methods include
- The reinstallation or repairing of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- Update Windows OS.
For that, you can visit Microsoft’s official site.
How To Download and Install API ms win crt runtime l1 1 0.dll
The procedure is very simple first download API ms win runtime zip file, then extract the .zip folder. Now paste that .dll file in the file directory of the program that is showing this error.
If the Windows itself shows this missing DLL file error then find and click on the Windows logo key on your keyboard and copy this path
C:\Windows\System32, and hit enter now paste that file.