Sometimes when you run a program on Windows 10,7,8, Vista, or XP an error message shows up. “Program.exe – System error the program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
This missing DLL file error pops up when you run games or programs i.e. origin, crossfire, dolphin emulator, adobe premiere pro, GTA, far cry 5, mafia 3, php.exe, PubG lite, rocket league, Valorant, wamp server, Bluestacks, civilization 6, CorelDraw, etc.
The VCRUNTIME140 DLL file is a part of runtime libraries for Microsoft Visual Studio (Visual C++) 2015/2017/2019. The visual C++ runtime libraries are required to run apps and games developed in Microsoft Visual Studio. Windows 7 users are more prone to see missing DLL file errors.
If your PC is missing or you have mistakenly removed the DLL file from your PC then don’t worry, you can download the missing DLL file from our download page and fix this problem after installing it on your PC.
What is vcruntime140 DLL Download?
The vcruntime140 is an integral part of runtime libraries that comes equipped with Microsoft Visual Studio (Visual C++) in its all latest version. All those programs and games that are developed using Microsoft Visual Studio will require this DLL file to run them.
If any file is missing or got corrupted then you will see a missing DLL file error on Windows PC.
Why is vcruntime140.dll is missing from your computer?
Microsoft has given us hints as to why VCruntime is not found error occurs on our PC. The most common causes of missing VC 140 dll are:
- Faulty application
- DLL has been deleted or misplaced
- Malicious software present on your PC has corrupted the file
- Damaged Windows registry
Common Missing DLL file Error on Windows 7, 8, and 10
Even at the end of 2021, you will still be hunted by the DLL file errors. When you run Microsoft office or any other program and it’s missing the required DLL file then it will show you these error messages.
- The program can’t start because vcruntime140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting vcruntime140.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading vcruntime140.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because vcruntime140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- vcruntime140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
How can I download vcruntime140 DLL for free?
You can easily download the latest version of the missing DLL file from our download page. Make sure you know which operating system (32-bit or 64-bit) is currently running on your system. If you have a 32-bit OS then download a 32 bit DLL file and vice versa. If you don’t know which build version your Windows has then try to download the latest DLL file.
DLL will download in the Zip folder on your PC. You don’t need to install it just extract or unzip it and copy and paste it into the program, application, or game folder.
How to Fix vcruntime140.dll missing file
There are many easy methods to fix d3dcompiler_47.dll this problem i.e.
- Manually download the latest version of the required file from our download page.
- You can also remove the infected program, application, or game that is the cause of this error and install it again.
- Go to the control panel and repair the program, app, or game that requires a DLL file.
- If you haven’t updated your Windows operating system then check for possible Windows updates ad install them.
- If the infected programs, application, or game has it’s the latest version then download or upgrade it.
- There are many free best PC cleaners who download them to fix Windows registry errors.
- Recommended solution download and install d3dcompiler_47 dll.
Where should vcruntime140 DLL be located?
You can’t find this missing DLL file via searching the folder instead you need to follow this path i.e.
Put the extracted dll file in the system32 folder only if the Windows caused a DLL error. If a specific app is causing this error then you need to open that individual program and paste this file into it. You can also use the same method to put/install DLL files in Windows 10