Have you ever watched a YouTube video and wanted to save it in audio form? Well, YouTube video downloaders let you extract that audio from the video.
Legally, YouTube doesn’t allow any user to download the video or extract audio from any video. However, you can download the audio from YouTube using an Online video downloader & certain video downloading programs.
Though there are plenty of online video downloaders & converters that can extract the audio from video, but, this could be harmful to you to try all the video downloaders & converters. Therefore, In this guide, we’ll tell you all the best video downloaders & converters, so you can easily extract audio from the video from YouTube for free.
How To Download Audio From YouTube For Free
There are many ways you can download audio on YouTube Mac. On the other hand, Windows users can also leverage online tools & video downloader programs to download their favorite YouTube audio. Below, we’ve provided instructions on how to download audio from YouTube on Windows, Mac, Android & iOS for free.
Download YouTube Audio on Windows for Free
Most often, users download YouTube audio on Windows by using an online video downloader. There are various websites you can use, but there is an excellent free platform,MP3Download.to. Below are the instructions on how to download YouTube audio on Windows.
- Visit YouTube.com and open the video whose audio you want. Copy the video’s URL.
- Go to MP3Download.to. Paste the URL in the text box and click the Search button. That leads to another window indicating the various Audio formats.
- Select your preferred format, and hit the Download button.
- Once the search is complete, a pop-up will appear on the screen requesting you to download the file. Click the Download Now button to save the file on your computer.
You can also download audio files from YouTube on Windows by using video downloader program. We recommended you 4K video downloader because it is the best video downloader program.
Download Audio Files From YouTube on Mac for Free
Computer users wishing to learn how to download audio from YouTube on Mac for free must first have the iTube HD Video Downloader. You can download it from the iSkysoft website. Once the download is complete, launch it to start downloading YouTube audio. Here are the steps to follow when extracting the audio from YouTube:
- Visit YouTube and open the video whose audio you want. Copy the video’s URL.
- Paste the URL in the text box and click the Search button. A Download button will appear on the video’s top-left corner. A dropdown list will appear indicating the various MP3 formats. Choose your preferred format.
- Once you do that, iTube HD Video Downloader will automatically start downloading the audio.
Download Audio Files From YouTube on Android for Free
If you want to download YouTube audio only in Android, then VidPaw App for Android is the right tool for this purpose. Make sure that your Android device trusts third-party apps in setting in order to make the full use of VidPaw App, before downloading & installing VidPaw App.
- Download and launch VidPaw App.
- Enter the keywords of your preferred audio in the search bar, then tap the search button.
- Find the audio/video in the search result page, and hit the download button. If you want to stream the audio/video, you can tap to open it.
- Select your desired audio format and quality in the new tab, and tap download.
- You can find the audio file in the “Downloads” section.
Download an Audio File From YouTube on iPhone/iPad
In case you are an iPhone/iPad user and don’t have an Android device, here is another solution to download an audio file from YouTube on iPhone/iPad.
- Download a file manager app “Documents” in the App Store in order to use VidPaw stably.
- Copy the YouTube URL of the audio you would like to download and launch “Documents”.
- Navigate to VidPaw – YouTube to MP3 Converter by using “Documents” inbuilt browser, and paste the YouTube URL to the box. Then select the quality you prefer in the scroll down menu, and click on “Convert”.
- VidPaw will detect the URL, and automatically jump to a new tab which offers you a download link. Tap on “Download”, and you can save the YouTube audio to MP4 in “Documents” on your iPhone/iPad.