The msvcr71.dll is an important DLL file also known as Microsoft C Runtime Library. It is commonly associated with Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET framework applications. This DLL file has a very important set of instruction which are used for Windows drivers to perform a certain function.
If this important DLL file is missing from Windows 10, 8, 7 be it 32-bit or 64-bit OS version, you will see a DLL file error popping up on your screen. Most of the time these applications i.e. Adobe Audition, Hitman Blood money, Civilization 4, CSI hard evidence, Far Cry, Batman Arkham asylum, Battlefield 2, championship manager, GTA San Andreas, Need For Speed Carbon, etc. uses this DLL file to run smoothly.
If the msvcr71.dll is missing from your computer then all those applications and games that require this file won’t run. In that case, you have to download missing DLL file from our download page to fix this problem. This DLL file is available in 32-bit and 64-bit version make sure to choose the proper version for you Windows OS.
What Applications use msvcr71.dll?
You might be wondering what kind of applications or games will use this DLL file. So all those apps including PC games that are written in C++ will need this file to run properly. Currently, all those files that are using Microsoft Visual Studio or those utilizing .NET framework need this file.
Why is msvcr71.dll Missing from your Computer?
The errors related to missing msvcr71.dll can arise because of different reasons. The most common causes are,
- Faulty application download and installed in Windows
- The msvcr71.dll has been wrongfully deleted or misplaced.
- You may have malicious software installed on your PC that has corrupted this DLL file.
- A damaged Windows registry may also be a problem.
Most Common Missing DLL file Error
- The program can’t start because msvcr71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcr71.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcr71.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr71.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcr71.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
- arcgis.exe system error msvcr71.dll
- error loading msvcr71.dll
- code execution cannot proceed msvcr71.dll
- java error loading msvcr71.dll
- the module msvcr71.dll was loaded but the entry-point
How to Fix Missing msvcr71.dll Problem in Windows
There are many ways to fix the missing DLL file error. These days many users complained that the DLL file is missing after Windows 10 update. However, this problem is solvable by simply perform the following steps.
- The easiest way to fix DLL file error is to download and install it’s the latest version.
- You can also delete the infected program, application, or game which is causing this error and install it again.
- Go to the control panel and repair the program, app, or game that requires a DLL file.
- If you haven’t updated your Windows operating system then check for possible Windows updates ad install them.
- If you are seeing this error after Windows 10 update then simply revert back to an earlier update.
- If the infected programs, application, or game has it’s the latest version then download or upgrade it.
- There are many free best PC cleaner download them to fix Windows registry errors.
- Recommended solution download and install msvcr71.dll.
How Do I Download msvcr71 dll
The process to download and install msvcr71.dll on Windows 10 is very simple and easy. Just go to our download page and select the latest version of the DLL file to download on your computer. For example, if you have Windows 10 64-bit OS then download 64-bit DLL file and vice versa.
Once you download DLL file you will notice that it’s very small in size plus you will have this file in a zip folder. Right-click on the folder to extract the missing dll file. Then copy and paste it into the folder of the program, app, or game that is causing the problem.
Where to Paste the Missing DLL file on Computer?
If it’s the game or third-party program that is causing the missing dll file error then simply paste the dll file which you have just downloaded into the main folder where these apps are located.
The issue becomes serious when it’s Windows 10, 8, 7 that is causing this dll file problem. In that case, you have to locate the part to open the folder where the default DLL files are. then paste it there. (If you aren’t sure where to paste the downloaded DLL file then read this post.)
Now if your PC is running Windows 32 bit version then copy and paste this path in file explorer C:\Windows\System32 and then paste the required missing dll file there.
If you are running Windows 64-bit version then copy and paste this path C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and then paste the dll file.
How to Register msvcr71.dll Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest version right now so even if you have download and installed the missing DLL file the same error might pop up again. In that case, you have to perform an extra step and that is to register the DLL file after installation.
Free For Windows PC
🛡️ Safe & Secure
- License: Free
- Platform: Windows OS
- Language: English
- File Size: N/A
- Downloads: 4,472
- Developer: Microsoft