Microsoft DirectX 9 for Windows is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers. It’s an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio.
DirectX 9 includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX APIs.
Download DirectX 9 old version for Windows 7, Windows 10, WinXP & Vista. This offline installer standalone end user run time setup will work both for 32-bit & 64-bit Windows operating systems. Simply click the download button to grab Direct X 9 for your Windows PC.
DirectX 9 Free Download Review 2022
If you are a PC gamer then Direct X technologies shouldn’t be alien to you. It’s a set of drivers that especially revolves around graphics drivers to give you audio and graphics experience while playing games.
DirectX 9 contains multiple APIs that are developed to enhance game graphics. The APIs that you will get when you download Direct X 9:
- Direct 3D. The most popular API, used for three-dimensional graphics programming and processing.
- Direct Input. Processes data from the mouse, keyboard, joystick and other controls for computer games.
- Direct Play. Used in network communications.
- Direct Graphics. This allows images to be drawn in two flat dimensions, as well as the representation of these in three dimensions.
- Direct Music. Plays music tracks composed with the Direct Music Producer.
- Direct Sound. Plays and records soundwaves.
- Direct Show. Plays video and audio with network transparency.
- Direct Compute. It offers special jargon and instructions that allow different processing threads in the massive core processors to be handled.
- Direct Setup. It allows you to install other DirectX components.
- Direct ML. Performs artificial intelligence or AI processing, as well as other features. These have been added in the 2019 update for Windows 10.
- DirectX Raytracing. Also called DXR, this is a feature that allows for real-time hardware ray tracing. It delivers a breakthrough in consumer-level computer graphics on GPUs, such as the Nvidia GeForce 20 series in 2018. This feature will not be available when downloading DirectX in its latest version but is an extension compatible with DirectX 12.
Microsoft DirectX 9 is included in Windows 7, 10 both 64-bit and 32-bit OS. You can update your DirectX drivers by installing the service pack and update. To upgrade DirectX 11 and further, you need to upgrade your Windows operating system.
How to Install DirectX9
The DX9 installation process is very simple and easy, just follow these steps:
- Download a DirectX9 installation package.
- Launch the directx.exe file.
- Read the License Agreement. If you agree with the terms of the agreement, click the Yes button
- Click the Browse button in the new window and choose the folder you want to unpack the installation files to. Click OK.
- After the unpacking is complete, open the folder containing the installation files and launch DXSETUP.exe.
- Read the License Agreement. If you agree with the terms, choose “I accept the agreement” and click Next.
- Click Next again.
- The components will be installed.
- After the installation, this window will be shown.
- Click Done. DirectX 9 was installed successfully!
Microsoft DX 9 Supported Games For PC List
Below are the best DirectX 9 only games:
- Assassins Creed
- GTA Vice City
- Star Wars : Knight of the old republic
- Splinter Cell
- Call of Duty
- Rise Of Nation
- Half Life 2
- Unreal Tournament 2004
- World of Warcraft
- Doom 3
- Call of Duty : United Offensive
- GTA San Andreas
- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
- Battlefield 2
- Silent Hunter 3
- Call Of Duty 2
Old Version 9 For Windows PC
🛡️ Safe & Secure
- License: Free
- Platform: Windows
- Language: English
- File Size: 95.6 MB
- Downloads: 45,901
- Developer: Microsoft
DirectX 9 System Requirements
The installation process requires you to have Windows 7 or 10 operating system on your PC. The minimum requirements are:
- CPU: Pentium 233 MHz processor
- RAM: at least 64MB.
- HDD: at least 1.5 GB.