Duplicate File Detective uses content analysis technology to find duplicate files on your computer. The program searches hard drives, multiple folders, removable storage devices, and even network shares -all in a single pass. Finding & removing duplicate files on a computer is more than just freeing up disk space.
It also reduces the expense of time-consuming backup operations, speeds up file searches and indexing processes, reduces clutters, and brings clarity to document storage areas. You can then move, archive, or remove duplicates quickly and safely.
Download & install the latest version of Duplicate File Detective for Windows. Works with both 32bit – 64bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
Glary Duplicate File Detective Download Overview 2023
It’s a powerful application for finding duplicate files on your computer. It uses advanced technology for content analysis to show where the duplicate files actually are on the PC hard drive, even the file names are different. This program is useful in many ways like it allow you to delete duplicate and free up disk space to store more things on your disk.
You can just put up duplicate file names, Sizes, or extensions the application will let you know all the locations of duplicate files within no time. We have experienced this application consumes fewer resources of the computer and we have found this software clean from spyware, malware, Trojans, etc. On a final note, this is worth trying software to remove all duplicate files from your computer and gain extra space on your drive.
It has a simple and easy user interface which helps newbies easy to navigate. It allows you to search folders on the hard drive, complete Hard drive, Removable storage devices even network shares all in a single pass.
Unlike the other free duplicate file finder out there. At first glance, the Duplicate File Detective program interface looks more professional having additional features that one may want to see in a professional file finder program.
Download Duplicate file detective free latest version for windows XP/7/8/10. Get offline installer setup standalone setup direct download link duplicate file detective for windows 32-64 bit PC.
Duplicate File Detective Features
- Find exact duplicates based upon file contents (with optional byte-for-byte matching)
- Built-in scheduler makes it easy to run reports on a scheduled or recurring basis.
- Choose which duplicate files to process using our SmartMark assisted selection technology.
- Support for master search paths, allowing users to check for duplicates against an authoritative source folder
- Powerful file hash caching technology improves file comparison performance.
- Move, delete, or zip duplicate files with the built-in Duplicate File Manager tool
- Replace duplicate files with shell, symbolic, or hard links to the originals
- Remove empty folders while deleting or moving duplicate files
- Move duplicate files while retaining the original folder structure
- Extremely robust command line interface for integration and automation support
- Find duplicate music files via audio tag extraction and analysis
- Comprehensive search filtering – limit searches by file name, date, size, length, and more
- Search multiple local and network paths in a single pass
- Export duplicate file search results in XML, HTML, CSV, TXT, PDF, and Excel file formats
- Re-import duplicate file search results from XML data files
- Compare the contents of individual files within zip archives
- Powerful file type reports shows which duplicate file types are consuming the most space
- Built-in file hash / checksum calculation tool (supports CRC32, ADLER32, MD5, SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512)
- Amazing enterprise-grade scalability – handles even the largest file systems with ease
- Media preview window with support for common image, video, and audio file formats
- Highly customizable duplicate file search report with sorting, printing, and much more
- File content hash / checksum caching technology for improved performance
- Email support allows reports to be sent via the command line or scheduler interfaces
- Support for low-priority I/O operational mode on Windows Vista and later
- Automatic NTFS compression of qualified file types (HTML, CSV, XML) during export
- Robust shell context menu provides access to duplicate search from within Windows Explorer, etc.
- Automatic update checking with optional HTTP proxy authentication support
- Project-based architecture allows you to save and load duplicate search projects with ease
- Fully customizable, easy-to-use ribbon bar interface
- Powerful operational logging through all phases of file discovery and comparison
- Fully Unicode support.
- Find exact duplicates based upon file contents.
- Intuitive and attractive user interface.
- Comprehensive search filtering features.
- Powerful multi-threaded duplicate file search engine.
- Project-based – load and save entire projects with ease
Free vs Pro
Duplicate File Detective offers with 15 days free trial version. The trial version comes with full program features so that you can try all the features before actually buying the program.
Duplicate File Detective Professional version license key costs $55. Upgrading to the professional version helps you to get rid of all the junk, and duplicate files that occupy the precious hard disk space on your computer.