Diablo 4 is a highly anticipated action role-playing game that immerses players in a dark and gritty world filled with monsters and demons. However, some players have reported issues with the game’s full-screen mode not working properly.
This issue can be frustrating to deal with and can significantly impact the gameplay experience. In many cases, this problem occurs due to outdated graphics card drivers, or conflicting settings with other programs or software on your computer. Fortunately, there are several effective solutions that can help fix the full-screen not working or the broken issue in Diablo 4.
In this article, we will explore some of the common causes of this issue and provide step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot and fix it.
How to Fix Diablo 4 Full Screen Not Working or Broken Issue
To fix your Diablo 4 Full screen not working or broken issue, you need to follow the below steps;
1. Update your Graphics Driver
An outdated display driver is a common culprit for the Diablo 4 Full Screen Not Working or Broken Issu on your PC. Updating your display driver is an effective solution to this problem. To update the GPU drivers, follow the below steps;
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and then click on Device Manager and expand Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics card, and click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and update the driver.
In order to update the GPU driver, NVIDIA and AMD do release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC. But it takes time and if you are a newbie who doesn’t have skills then you might end up downloading the wrong drivers.
So, we suggest downloading Driver Easy software to update your graphics card driver quickly and efficiently. Unlike the device manager, it can update all drivers with a single click and has a broader database for detecting the latest drivers.
2. Run Your Game in Windowed Mode
To run a game in windowed mode, you can find the configuration file in the game installation folder. Simply open the file using Notepad and modify the display resolution mode from auto to manual. This adjustment in the config.ini file can often resolve the issue you’re experiencing.
You can also change the borderless mode in the Battle.net launcher, follow these steps:
- Launch Battle.net and click on the game you want to play.
- Click on Options under the game title.
- In the General tab, look for the Display Mode option.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select Borderless Windowed.
- Click on Done to save the changes.
3. Set Display Scaling to 100%
The Diablo 4 full screen not working or broken issue on Xbox often occurs when the display scaling is set to more than 100%. To resolve this, you need to adjust your display scaling to 100%. Here are the steps to fix this problem:
- Open the Settings app and go to System > Display.
- Find the Change the size of text, apps, and other items and set it to 100%.
- You might need to sign out of your account and then sign back in after changing the display scaling. Now Check if your game is working fine.
4. Change your Main Screen
If you are encountering the Diablo 4 full-screen not working or a broken issue on a dual monitor setup, you can resolve it by adjusting your display settings. Follow these steps to fix the problem:
- Right-click on your Desktop and choose Display settings from the menu.
- When the Display settings window opens, you should see two monitors labeled with numbers.
- In the Display settings window, click Identity. A number should appear on your screen.
- Now in Display settings set the monitor with the same number you got as the main monitor.
- Save the changes.
5. Change Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D settings > Global settings.
- Change Preferred graphics processor from Auto-select to High-Performance Nvidia processor.
- Click on Apply to save the changes and try running games in fullscreen mode.
If you own both integrated and dedicated graphics you might need to change a few Nvidia Control Panel settings to fix this issue.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Display > Adjust desktop size and position.
- Locate the scaling option and set it to No scaling and click on Apply to save changes.
6. Use the Compatibility Mode
To resolve the issue of Diablo 4’s full-screen mode not working or being broken, you can try running the game in compatibility mode. This method has proven to be effective for many players, as shared on Reddit. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Locate the problematic application, right-click it, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for an option. Now select the desired version of Windows, then click on Apply and OK to save changes.
- After enabling compatibility mode, try to run your game in full screen and check if it working now.
7. Run the Game as an Administrator
Run the game’s exe file as an administrator to prevent privilege issues with user account control. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, Go to the location where the shortcut file of Diablo IV exe is saved.
- Now, Right click on the file.
- Click on the Properties option.
- After that, Go to the compatibility tab.
- You will see an option to Run this program as an administrator.
- Lastly, click on Ok and Apply to save the changes.
8. Update the Game
If running the game as an administrator does not mitigate this issue then it is possible that the game files are corrupted and outdated. You need to update the game.
Here’s how you can update Diablo 4 to resolve full-screen and screen-broken issues:
- To update the Diablo IV game, open the Blizzard Battle.net app
- Select Diablo IV from the left-hand menu and then click the Update icon.
- The Blizzard Battle.net app will then check for updates and download any new versions of the game.
9. Disable G-Syn & V sync
If you have G-Sync or V- Syns enabled then we recommend you disable it to resolve the Diablo 4 full screen. Many users reported that disabling G-syn & V-Syn resolves the full screen and Broken screen issues. So give a try to this fix.
10. Disable Teamviewer
If you are using TeamViewer (A remote assistance application that allows you to control any other PC remotely). You need to disable it in order to fix the Diablo 4 full screen and Broken issue.
TeamViewer is the best application to control a PC remotely but sometimes it interferes with games. So try to disable it.
11. Disable Overlays Applications
Certain overlay applications have been identified to cause full-screen issues in Blizzard games. To address this problem, try disabling overlay apps such as Airfoil, Dxtory, MSI Afterburner, NVIDIA GeForce Experience, OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software), Discord, and others that may be causing conflicts.
After disabling these apps, check if the issue with Diablo 4’s full-screen mode being broken is resolved. If the problem persists, you can proceed to the following fix.
12. Restore your Taskbar to the Default Position
Users reported that restoring the taskbar to default positions helps to mitigate this problem. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Press the Windows Key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Now navigate to the Personalization section.
- From the menu on the left select Taskbar. Now in the right pane, enable Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode option.
13. Reinstall the Diablo IV
If all the above fixes are not working for you then try reinstalling the game to fix this issue. By applying this fix all the issues get resolved because when you reinstall the game you get all the new files.
- Uninstall the Diablo IV.
- Delete all the files of the game from your PC.
- Now, wait for some time and then reinstall the game.
- After applying this fix now check if your issue is resolved.