MSI Afterburner is the world’s most popular and widely used graphics card overclocking software. You can use Afterburner to overclock your PC’s GPU and CPU. This GPU overclocking utility provides an incredibly detailed overview of your hardware. Additional features include customizing fan profiles, benchmarking, video recording, on-screen display, triple over-voltage, and FPS counter.
MSI Afterburner is free and safe to use. Its latest version supports NVIDIA GeForce, AMD Radeon, and other graphics cards brands.
The Best GPU overclocking software
For most users exceeding the GPU limit by putting more stress can cause permanent failure, But it’s quite easier than you think. The MSI Afterburner is the best overclocking tool that provides easy and precise access to your GPU settings. You can easily check your GPU temperature, clock speed, voltage. When you increase GPU clock frequency and voltage, you will find that the fan speed controller enables you to find the perfect balance between performance and temperature.
Its built-in advanced features protect GPU from being frying. In a case, safe GPU temp limit exceeds this benchmark tool halts the process of overclocking. This is why we say that MSI Afterburner is the ultimate graphics card overclocking software for Windows PC.
Reliable MSI fan control software
Most other features, the customized fan profiles give you full control over PC fan settings. These amazing features also help users to change CPU and GPU fan speed manually. Even if you are not overclocker enthusiastic, you can still watch the RPM, power voltage of your PC fans. Even a newbie can tweak fan settings according to his needs.
When it comes to overclocking this tool actively monitors your PC fan speed. During this process, if fan voltage goes out of control the AI function of this tool quickly disables the whole operation. This feature makes this software more secure, unlike other benchmarking tools.
On screen display to monitor PC while playing games
The MSI Afterburner utility helps you record video while playing games. You can also compare the readings online on their support forum with idle PC. You can also monitor your PC temp while playing games. This way you can easily check GPU temperature and see if you have got the ideal PC temperature range or not.
The on-screen display option appears in the corner of the screen. It is your best friend while playing games. It provides you real-time information on your system’s performance such as GPU temp, memory usage, FPS counter, and Ram consumption. You can keep a close eye on the effect of your overclocking settings while gaming.
If you have purchased new GForce graphics cards or AMD graphics cards then we recommend downloading MSI afterburner. The main goal of the application is to overcome the original limits set by the manufacturer.
MSI Afterburner Supports Wide Range of GPU Series
MSI Afterburner supports a wide variety of video cards. Whether it’s GeForce GTX 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, Titan X, Titan XP, Titan V (Volta), or AMD Radeon RX 5×0 And Vega graphics card. You can free download afterburner.
Moreover, all modern graphics cards are also supported, which means the entire Nvidia GeForce GTX Series 10 including 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, 1080 Ti, and Titan X (Pascal).
Online Tech Support
The MSI forum is also there for online support if you are stuck with any problem. A 24-hour service is provided to all its users without any cost. Those users who are facing any difficulties during overclocking or have any other technical query ask questions in that forum.
This free tool shows core voltage, core clock speed, power, and GPU temp. MSI fan control option also allows you to manually adjust GPU fan speed.
Custom User Skin
If you don’t like their default skin then don’t worry. You can choose the look and feel that you like the best. MSI Afterburner offers different skins that dynamically change how the program looks and what’s being displayed. Select one from the settings menu or download custom skin online.
MSI Afterburner App for Android
You can also use MSI GPU overclocking software from mobile to monitor overclocked GPU. To use this feature you need to download MSI Afterburner remote server on your computer. After you download extract the .zip folder and run MSIAfterburnerRemoteServer.exe. An icon will add up in your system tray, click on it to copy the IP address.
Now enter this IP address you got from the MSI Afterburner Remote Server (which you will see like 192.168.101.22:82). Once you enter this address, your Android device will connect automatically to your PC.
MSI Afterburner is the best app if you have made your mind to overclock your GPU. You can conduct a safe overlay stress test and see its performance with live readings. This is the latest version which is more stable and secures compatibility with Windows 10, Windows 7. However, there is MSI Afterburner beta version is also there but these MSI versions have an expiry limit. They soon become redundant. You are guaranteed to get the best result from this app.
What new in MSI Afterburner latest version 4.6.2
- Added voltage control for reference design NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20×0 SUPER series graphic cards
- Added voltage control for AMD RADEON RX 5700 series graphics cards
- Added new MSI Steampunked, MSI Lightning Anniversary and MSI Mystic skins by Drerex design
- Improved hardware monitoring module:
- Added CPU temperature monitoring support for AMD Ryzen 3X00 processors family
- Added thermal offset for CPU temperature monitoring on AMD Ryzen Threadripper 29X0 processors family
- Added package CPU power and per-core CPU power monitoring for AMD Ryzen processors family
- Improved monitoring plugins architecture:
- Added API function for reading host application’s hardware monitoring timestamp from the plugins. The timestamp is updated by host on each hardware polling iteration, so it allows the plugin to precache and reuse some sensor data if the same physical sensor value is being used in multiple data sources exported by plugin. Such approach is demonstrated in updated CPU.dll plugin for duplicating the same temperature sensor value for all cores on AMD CPU
- Added optional plugin unititialization callback function, which is called by the host before unloading the plugins. New multithreaded Ping.dll plugin is demonstrating new function usage to shut down ping monitoring thread properly
- Improved monitoring plugins:
- Updated CPU.dll plugin is demonstating AMD Ryzen CPU temperature monitoring implementation and optimal duplication of the same temperature sensor readback for all CPU cores
- Added new Ping.dll plugin for monitoring ping to desired server via ICMP echo requests. Please take a note that the plugin is configured to monitor ping to by default, it is up to you to specify target server name or IP address in the plugin properties
- Improved skin engine:
- Optimized skin rendering performance for skins using multiple overlapped animated indicators
- Added position smoothing support to skinned indicators
- Now skinned applications can forcibly disable indicator animation if necessary
- Skin format reference guide has been updated to v1.8 to document these changes
- Updated IO driver provides more secure MMIO and MSR access interface
- RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.2.3
4.6.4 For Windows
🛡️ Safe & Secure
- License: Free
- Platform: Windows OS
- Language: English
- File Size: 51 MB
- Downloads: 2,150
- Developer: MSI