SysTools SQL Server Migrator provides migration of SQL server databases in two modes i.e. Online and Offline modes. The tool is packed with advanced features that let you transfer server data with accuracy and avoid any unfortunate halt.
It migrates SQL server database in 4 ways
- From a live SQL server to another live SQL server
- From SQL server to SQL scripts
- Offline file to live SQL server
- Offline to SQL scripts
Numerous Other Features – Tool offers that lets you have a smooth transition
SysTools SQL Server Migrator supports database migration within or outside the network. This means you can transfer data within the network of the SQL server or migrate data to a different server that is outside the network.
It provides the option to migrate all or select SQL server file components. You can choose to transfer Tables, Functions, Views, Stored procedures, Triggers, Rules, and collation. You can also choose to migrate SQL schema with or without data.
The tool has the ability to auto-detect the SQL server and show it to the clients for further authentication which also contains login credentials. After the authentication process, you can select the databases that you want to migrate.
Before final exportation, the tool will show you the preview of the SQL data. You can see all the SQL tables along with records and other SQL objects as well.
You can export Schema for Table with or without Table records/ data.
Moreover, it provides an advanced scan mode that repairs corrupted SQL files and then migrates the repaired SQL server database.
How to Migrate SQL Server Databases Using SysTools SQL Server Migration Tool
You don’t need to be an SQL expert to run this tool, it has a self-explanatory interface that will let you smoothly run the application without any assistance.
- Install the tool on your Windows system.
- Click on Open given in the upper-left corner and select whether you want to migrate to the online mode or offline mode.
- Do the server authentication if you are using online mode or simply add an SQL file.
- The tool will show you a preview of the components present in the file.
- Click on the Export icon.
- Here you have to provide authentication for the destination server if you are using online mode. Also mention whether you want to create a new database or just add to the existing database.
- Click on Export.
SysTools SQL Server Migration tool comes with 4 license models: Personal ($248), Corporate ($348), Technician ($448), and Enterprise ($698).