Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is a popular first-person shooter game enjoyed by players on various gaming consoles, including the PlayStation 5/4 and Xbox One, and Series X/S. If you’re an avid gamer who has invested time and money into this game, it can be incredibly frustrating to experience frequent crashes on your PlayStation or Xbox console.
However, before you throw in the towel, it’s essential to know that there are some effective solutions to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 keeps crashing on PS5/4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the most common reasons behind game crashes and provide you with some actionable steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue so that you can get back to enjoying the game without any interruptions.
How to Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Keeps Crashing on PS5/4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S
If you’re consistently experiencing the CoD: Modern Warfare 2 crashing on your consoles, then try the given potential fixes that can solve your problem.
1. Turn off the Parallax Effect
First & foremost, turn the parallax effect off in the game to avoid crashing on PS5/4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S consoles. For many users, this fix helps effectively.
2. Restart the Console
If the game still crashes on your console, then there might be chances that your console has temporary glitches. To fix COD Modern Warfare 2 crashing on PS4 and PS5, you can try restarting the console. This can resolve any temporary glitches caused by outdated cache. Here are the steps to reboot your PS5 or PS4:
- Launch the PS4
- Up the menu, use the “L” key.
- Press “X” to select the Power option after turning right.
- When a new window appears, choose Power Options.
- Power Window will launch; choose Restart PS4 from the menu.
- And you’ll be able to restart the PS4 after that successfully.
3. Check System Updates
It is advisable to check for system updates on your PlayStation or Xbox console before exploring other solutions. An outdated system build can often be the root cause of various problems.
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Select All Settings.
- Choose System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console (if available) > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
4. Delete Saved Game Data from the Console
Deleting saved game data on your console can help identify and resolve issues caused by corrupted or missing game data, which can lead to crashes and other problems. We suggest trying this solution as a troubleshooting step.
- Go to the Settings menu > Select Storage.
- Choose Saved Data > Select Wo Long Fallen Dynasty.
- Press the Options button on the controller > Select the saved game data files (one or multiple).
- Hit Delete and confirm the task to complete it.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the console to apply changes.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 game locally saved data will be deleted from your PlayStation console. But don’t worry. Since you’re online, all saved game data will be there.
5. Rebuild the Database of PS5/4
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 game. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called ‘Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time, depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, reboot the system normally.
6. Reinstall Modern Warfare 2
The Modern Warfare 2 game should be uninstalled from the console and then reinstalled if the crashing issue still exists. The problem should be resolved by it. So to do so for PS4 and PS5 follow the steps:
- Choose Storage from Settings.
- Choose Modern Warfare 2 from the list, and then Click Delete.
- Download and install the game from the appropriate store after it has been erased.
7. Reset the Console
Try doing a factory reset on your console to check for issues if none of the solutions work for you.
- From your Console, choose Settings.
- Choose either “Initialize PS4” or “Initialize PS5” from the “Initialization” page.
- On the following page, select “Full.”
- Your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 will begin cleaning itself automatically to return to the original settings. This process could take a few hours depending on the amount of installed data on the storage.
- Let the procedure run its course. After finishing, make sure to restart the computer.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select Profile & system > Go to Settings > Select System.
- Go to Console info > Select Reset console.
- You’ll get a prompt like Reset your console.
- Here you should select Reset and remove everything. [This will delete all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, all installed apps & games, etc.]
- Although you can choose to Reset and keep your games & apps, it may not resolve the issue in most cases.
- After you select the option, your Xbox console starts deleting and resetting the system to the factory default settings.
- Wait for the process to get completed, then reboot the console.
8. Disable On-Demand Texture Streaming
If you’re experiencing crashes in Modern Warfare 2 on your PS5, try disabling the On-demand Texture Streaming feature, which can sometimes cause issues.
Simply go to the Main Menu, select Settings, and then Graphics. From there, turn off the On-demand Texture Streaming option.
9. Disable HDCP on the Console
Here are the steps to disable HDCP on the PS5 console:
- Turn on your PS5 and go to the main menu.
- Select “Settings” from the main menu.
- Scroll down and select “System.”
- Select “HDMI.”
- In the “Enable HDCP” option, toggle it to “off.”
Once you have disabled HDCP, you should be able to capture gameplay footage and screenshots without any issues.
10. Contact PlayStation Support
If none of the above fixes worked for you, all you have to do is go to the PlayStation Official Website and contact them via their support page with the subject line COD Modern Warfare 2 (version 2022) is crashing on PS5/PS4. They will normally respond to you within 24 hours.