Are you are seeing VulkanRT (Vulkan Runtime Libraries) on Windows PC? Do you want to know what is VulkanRT? Is VulkanRT a virus? With the increase of malware attacks on PC, the users are more careful about their computers.
When they see any unknown entry in the control panel, settings, or in the list of programs, the very first thought that occurs is “is it a Virus?” In this post, we will see whether Vulkan Run Time Libraries are harmful to your system? After reading this articles, you will get a better understanding about:
- Vulkan RunTime Libraries – What is it and What to do about it?
- Vulkan Run Time Libraries in Windows 10: What you need to know about it
- What are Vulcan Runtime Libraries and Do I Need It?
- What are program files VulkanRT?
What are Vulkan Runtime Libraries?
First thing: Vulkan Run Time Libraries is not a virus. It’s a legitimate program so, you are safe.
The Vulkan RT is a new graphics card standard, like OpenGL and DirectX. It’s a 3D graphics API tool bundled with NVIDIA, Intel, or AMD GPUs. The purpose of this tool is to give users better 3D performance in gaming and gives more control over GPU. The Vulkan run time libraries also manage CPU usage consumption.
If you have a graphics card in your system and when you updates video drivers. The Vulkan Runtime Libraries automatically installs in you PC. During this process, no permission or notification is shown. Since, Vulkan Libraries install itself without notification, it raises concerns among users that it may be a new type of malware.
But that’s not the case, as this 3D graphics API tool is a legitimate program developed by Khronos Group. The Vulkan Runtime Libraries has developed this tool to enhance CPU & GPU performance. The Vulkan software is mainly used in high-performance 2D or 3D renderings such as video games and other interactive media.
How to Check if I have Vulkan Runtime Libraries on my Windows PC?
The Vulkan Run Time is usually found on Windows PC. If you want to see whether you have it or not, you have to do certain steps.
- Go to the Control Panel of your PC and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Scroll down the list of programs and see if there is a tool named Vulkan Runtime Libraries.
- The Windows 10 PC users can go to the Settings using Win+I.
- Click on Apps & Features. Search for Vulcan Runtime Libraries in the search box.
- If the Vulkan Runtime Libraries are installed on your PC, you will see them here.
What To Do With Vulkan Run-Time Libraries?
As already explained, the Vulkan RT libraries are not a threat to your computer. It’s neither malware nor virus, instead, it’s an essential tool for PC to run modern games more efficiently.
Modern games require Vulkanrt, but it’s not a requirement of every PC game. There are many games that run without it. If you are sure that Vulkan Runtime Libraries are not necessary for games, you can remove them from your PC.
But once you remove Vulkan Runtime Libraries from your PC, later you cannot install them manually. This tool is not available as separate software. For that, you have to install the latest version of graphics card drivers. As Vulkan is bundled with all the latest video card drivers.
Why NVIDIA, Intel & AMD Needs Vulkan RT?
There is only three major graphics card manufacturer i.e. NVIDIA, Intel & AMD. All of theirs video card drivers include Vulkan Runtime Libraries. There is a reason for that:
- Vulkan causes efficient multi-threading, which allows smooth game performance
- Lower overhead ensures minimal GPU usage
- A simpler graphics driver
- Better control over the graphics hardware
- Open and modern architecture
- Cross-platform with support for Windows, Linux, and Android
- Supports iOS and Mac OS through third-party solutions
What Will Happen If You Removed Vulkan Runtime Libraries?
As mentioned, Vulkanrt is an important tool. If you deleted it from the control panel then you are likely to suffer the following issues;
- Unable to set the desired screen resolution
- Poor HD video rendering
- Overhead GPU causing crashes and glitches
- Unable to play newer games