Since the game’s release, Dead Island has gained significant popularity because of improved graphics and characters. However, many players are facing the issue of joining online modes. Players fail to connect to the online session and get the message “Failed to Join Session, Please Check Your Network Connection” alongside error code 0x1410 while trying to play in multiplayer.
In many cases, this error occurs due to issues in the server, game, or system. Some of the issues can be Internet connectivity, updates, VPN, NAT settings, and corrupted game files. Fortunately, there are multiple solutions that can solve your problem.
In this article, we have come up with all the working & effective solutions in detail that can easily resolve your problem. So, let’s take a look.
Fix: Dead Island 2 Failed to Join Session, Network Error 0x1410
To fix your Dead Island 2 failed-to-join session issue, try to
- Check your internet connection.
- Restart Your Game and Console/PC.
- Close Unnecessary Background Tasks.
- Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router.
- Update the Game.
- Run the Game as an administrator.
In case, the problem still persists, then try the below potential fixes;
1. Check for Server Maintenance
If you can’t join friends in the game Dead Island 2, then try to check for server maintenance. Sometimes the problem isn’t with your network connection or hardware but with the game’s servers themselves. Check if there is any scheduled maintenance for the Dead Island 2 servers and wait for it to finish before trying to join a session again.
2. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
If you’re experiencing the issue of the Dead Island 2 multiplayer not working on your PC, there’s a simple and highly effective solution that you can try. Repairing the game files has been reported to have a very good chance of solving this problem. To do so, just follow the below steps;
- Open Steam > Click on Library > Go to Home.
- Right-click on Dead Island 2 > Click on Properties.
- Go to the Local files tab > Click on Verify integrity of game files.
3. Disable VPN
If the Dead Island 2 co op not working, then make sure to disable the VPN (Virtual Private Network) service at your end for a while to cross-check if the problem has been fixed or not. Sometimes the VPN service might help you to connect to a different region server or access the geo-restricted content but it eventually increases ping delay or latency which might obviously affect in multiplayer gaming experience as well as connecting to the game servers for a long.
4. Turn off Window Firewall and antivirus:
The window firewall or antivirus might be causing an interruption in the connection with the server. Disabling or turning on the firewall protection can help solve the problem. To do so
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Search → Windows Defender Firewall Select it.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
Also, you will need to turn off the Window Security. To do so follow the
- Open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click on Manage Settings.
- Just Turn Off the Real-time protection option.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
5. Check the NAT Type
Checking your NAT type is an important step in troubleshooting the “Dead Island 2 Failed to Join Session, Please Check Your Network Connection” error. Make sure that your NAT settings are at Open or Moderate otherwise, it can cause connectivity issues.
To check it, go to the console’s network settings and look for NAT type. If the NAT type is strict or moderate, then change it to open because to make it open means allowing for the best connection between your console and other devices on the internet.
Make sure that your NAT type is set to “Open” or “Type 1” for PlayStation, “Open” or “Type A” for Xbox, and “NAT Type 1” for PC.
6. Port Forwarding
If your NAT type is set to moderate or strict, port forwarding might be necessary to fix the issue. You can find detailed instructions on port forwarding for your specific router online or contact your internet service provider for assistance.
7. Update the Networking Driver
If you failed to join session on PC in Dead Island 2, then try to update the networking driver. Some of the affected players have also mentioned that an outdated or missing networking driver on their Windows system was troubling them a lot. So, if you’re not sure enough whether your networking driver is updated or not, try following the steps below:
- Press the Win+X keys to open up the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager > Double-click on Network adapters.
- Right-click on the networking device and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers to check for the update.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download & install the update properly.
- Let the process be completed and then reboot your computer to apply changes.
8. Perform a Clean Boot
During system startup, certain apps and services may automatically launch and use a significant amount of internet connections and system resources. If you are experiencing this issue, performing a clean boot on your computer can help identify the problem. To do so:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- The Task Manager interface will open. Here go to the Startup tab.
- Then click on the particular task which has a higher startup impact.
- Once selected, click on Disable to turn them off from the startup process.
- Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
If you are still facing the Dead Island 2 Failed to Join Session, Network Error 0x1410 issue, then try to re-install the game.