Learn how to Turn Off Avast temporarily or permanently whenever you want to install a third party-app or have found a better antivirus. You can Turn Off Avast temporarily using any of the 2 methods we will tell you.
Avast Antivirus comes in 4 different versions – Free Anti-Virus, Pro Antivirus 2018, Internet Security 2018, and Premier 2018. You can Download Avast Antivirus from here.
Related: Avast 100% High CPU Usage
Let’s get started on our Guide on how to Disable Avast.
How to Turn off Avast Antivirus Temporarily
Solution 1: How to Disable Avast AntiVirus from the system Tray
- Usually, at the bottom, Right-click on the Avast icon the system tray or it may be in the hidden icons that can be revealed by clicking on the arrow.
- Click “Avast Shields Control“
- You’ll see options, click on the option you want Avast to be disabled for. You can also Disable Avast Permanently in these options as well.
- You’ll have a confirmation dialogue box, where you will confirm the option you chose to turn off avast.
Solution 2: How to Turn Off Avast from Settings
- You can Go to Avast Settings by double-clicking the Avast Icon
- Go to Settings Button, at the bottom of the new window.
- Go to the Components, and then from the many options, you need to disable system shield, Mail Shield, and Web Shield and this is how to turn off Avast.
Now it’s Your Turn!
Why did you want to stop avast antivirus? Which method did you choose to disable avast? Do let us know in the comments section!
Don’t forget to ask questions or any further advice you require on how to turn off avast temporarily or permanently.