How would the meeting host acknowledge your question or comment if you don’t virtually raise your hand in a Zoom call or Zoom webinars?
It is, therefore, super important to learn to raise your hand in Zoom, so it indicates you want to speak on Zoom without having to interrupt the meeting mid-flow.
The below article focuses on:
- How to Locate raise hand icon in Zoom in 2021
- How to Raise Hand in Zoom on multiple devices, for example, Desktop (PC), Chromebook, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android Mobile Devices.
- How to Raise a hand in Zoom Dial-in Calls so that the co-host can hear you
- Keyboard shortcuts to learn on Windows PC or Mac to raise your hand in Zoom.
- How to Lower Hand in Zoom so that participants know that you’ve delivered your idea
How to Locate Raise Hand Icon In Zoom
Often users report that there is no raise hand icon in the zoom or raise hand not showing, which is super easy to locate.
During a meeting on Zoom iPhone, Ipad, or Android mobile app, click on the three horizontal dots labeled ‘More.’ This is located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
In the pop-up, you can see ‘Raise Hand’ written. You can use this feature to raise your hand in zoom webinars also.
How to Raise Hand in Zoom on multiple devices including PC, Chromebook, & Mac
If you’re on your desktop Windows or Mac computer attending a Zoom meeting and want to express your opinion, then follow along with the steps below:
- Select “participants” from the Zoom meeting controls at the bottom of your computer screen during the meeting.
- In the participants’ panel, click the “Raise Hand” button at the bottom of the window.
Note: The meeting host can not access the Raise Hand option.
How to Raise Hand in Zoom by phone on Android or iPhone
Why can’t I raise my hand in zoom? Here’s what you need to do:
- On Zoom mobile app, click on the three horizontal dots icon labeled “More” in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Tap “Raise Hand” when the Zoom meeting control screen pops up.
This pop-up will notify the Zoom host or the meeting organizer that a hand has been raised. The raise hand icon will turn blue, and the below text will say ‘lower hand’ while your hand is raised.
How to Raise a hand in Zoom Dial-in Calls
If you want to raise your hand in Zoom Dial-in Calls, follow the steps below:
After you join in the meeting, dial *9 on your phone’s dial pad.
This raises your hand, and do the same to turn off raise hand.
That’s how you can raise your hand on Mac, Windows, or iPhone, Android résumé.
Raise hand in Zoom meeting not showing or you’re seeing the raise hand in zoom meeting icons but not working.
You can use a keyboard shortcut to raise hand in zoom meeting.
The keyboard shortcut to use on your Windows PC or Mac is as follows:
- Press Alt+Y and toggle the Raise Hand option to On or Off, which will enable the blue hand icon.
What happens afterward when you raise your hand in zoom?
Once you’ve raised your hands in zoom in the browser or on phone from the webinar controls, you will notify the host that you’ve raised your hand. If the host permits you to talk, you will be prompted to unmute yourself.
When you unmute yourself, your profile picture and name are displayed to the host and panelists.
How to Lower Blue Hand in Zoom
How to disable raise hand in zoom meeting?
- Select Participants and select Lower Hand
- On Android phone or iPhone, tap More and select Lower Hand
- On your Windows PC or Mac, Press Alt+Y.
‘Raise Hand in Zoom’ meeting not showing?
The meeting host has disabled non-verbal feedback, or you might be in full-screen mode are two options that indicate that you do not see the Raise hand option in this Video Communication software.
If you are in full screen, move your mouse on the screen or tap it to bring up the bottom toolbar.
If the meeting host has disabled nonverbal feedback for some reason, that is the case where you won’t see the Raise hand option.
Therefore, you must request the host to enable the nonverbal feedback to enable the Raise hand feature.
If you’re the meeting host and need to enable the feature for your participants to raise hands, you have to work inside the participants’ panel.
- Sign in to Zoom and select My Account
- Under the Personal tab, select Settings
- Navigate to the Meeting tab
- Scroll down to non-verbal feedback
- Toggle the switch on to enable the non-verbal feedback