Sodium Extra brings all of OptiFine’s popular options to Sodium, a powerful performance enhancement mod. It also adds many performance options and visual bug fixes of its own that are not available in the base Sodium mod. This makes it one of the best alternatives to OptiFine for improving Minecraft performance.
It is available to download for free on Windows PCs and works only with Fabric Mod Loader. It is also fully compatible with all Fabric mods so you don’t need to worry about incompatibility issues. Performance gain on the other hand is variable and totally depends on your PC specifications.
Sodium Extra Options
Mentioned below are some of the options this mod adds or lets you modify. There are plenty of others as well but these are the most notable ones.
- Animation Control: Control animations of effects like Fire, Water, Lava, Blocks, etc.
- Particle Settings: Total control over all types of particle effects, even those added by other mods.
- Details Options: Grants control over the Sky, Stars, Sun/Moon, Weather, etc.
- Render Options: Control Fog, static entities, and many more renderings.
- Extra Settings: Additional options like Display FPS, Coordinates, Clouds, and much more are now controllable.
How to Download & Install Sodium Extra Mod
Sodium Extra’s download process is simple, however, you need to have these mods installed before you can start using it:
Once these mods are installed then we can proceed onwards.
Step 1: Download the mod’s jar file from the top of this page.
Step 2: Place the file in the following location: Local Disk (C:) > Users > (Your PC Name) > AppData > Roaming > .minecraft > mods.
Step 3: Launch the game via Fabric profile in Minecraft Launcher to see if the mod is working.
Note: To check if the mod is installed and working in the game you can also use Minecraft Mod Menu. It gives you a proper Mods Menu in-game like the one Forge has built-in. Take a look at the image below to see what it looks like with this mod installed.