If you encountered an error telling you;
The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
Missing DLL files is becoming a serious problem for Windows users these days, especially those who love to play games. When you open a program or file you might see this error. Windows 8 and Windows 10 both 32-bit and 64-bit OS users are more prone to see this missing file error.
Note: You can also apply these solutions on Adobe illustrator, audacity, auto cad, apache, Autodesk, coral draw, iTunes, game loop, Kaspersky, lightroom, origin, PubG lite, Photoshop, team speak, tor browser, unity on Windows 7 and 10 32-bit and 64-bit.
I personally faced this Dll missing file error for the first time when I tried to run an installed PC game. So I figured out a way to fix this error.
There are two ways to fix the API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error. Either download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 from Microsoft’s official site or download the individual API ms win crt runtime l1 1 0.dll file.
Stick with this post and you will learn a quick way to fix DLL file missing problem. But first why this file is missing.
Why is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is Missing?
This Dynamic Link Library is a part of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. This software is required to boot many programs like; Skype, Adobe Premiere, Adobe, Autodesk, XAMPP, Corel Draw, Microsoft Office, and others.
You will see this DLL file missing error when this software couldn’t be installed successfully, got corrupted, or Windows update KB2999226 failed to install on your PC.
How do I fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error?
The solution is very simple. Follow any of these steps to fix this problem.
Fix 1: Install or Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
I purposely divided this method into two parts. The first is related to the installation of Visual C++ Redistributable Microsoft Visual studio along with Windows update or download this tool separately from Microsoft website. Here’s how!
- Try to check for Windows Update. To do that, open Windows settings > Update & Security > Check for Update.
- If it detected any leftover updater quickly updater your Windows.
- Now Restart your PC and try to open a program and see if api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing fixed.
If the problem persists then you need to download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from the official site.
- Go to the Microsoft Download website. and click download.
- Here choose your system type [whether it’s x64 or x86(x32)], click Next.
- The file will download in your system. Now run the .exe file. Comply with the installation instructions.
- Now you are done. Open that program to see if the missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error fixed.
Fix 2: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Download Missing file
In my case, I fixed this problem quickly by downloading the individual file from online resources. This method is a bit risky but it surely fixes this error instantly. You should be very keen while applying this fix because you are going to get API ms win crt runtime l1 1 0.dll download on your system.
Many sites that offer DLL missing files to download intentionally attach malware or virus to the file. However, you can download missing DLL files from our site. The DLL files we provide to download are genuine and 100% working.
How to Install api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
You just simply search your missing API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll and press the download button to get a copy of it. Now extract.Zip folder and place this file in the directory of the program that is requesting the file.
Alternatively, you can also place this DLL file in your system directory. By default, this is
- C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).
Bonus Fix 3: Repair Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
If you already have Visual C++ installed in your Windows 10 or Windows 7. Then you should try to repair it using the Control Panel. To do That;
Open Control Panel > Programs and Features > Locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable > Change > repair > OK
Bonus Fix 4: Copy that Particular DLL from another PC
If you don’t want to download the DLL file on your PC or the above fix failed to fix this error. Well, this is the last hope. You can get a copy of this DLL file from another PC. It’s just like a Plazma transfusion. Here’s how you can do this:
- First, check your Windows OS name and system type. For example, if you have Windows 10 Pro x64 or x32 you must find the same PC having the same spec. If you don’t know you can use the System Information Tool which is a Built-in Windows tool.
- Now locate this DLL missing file in C:\Windows\System32 to get a copy and paste it in the problem PC in the same location.
I strongly hope that these methods will solve DLL file errors on your PC.