When you run a program and you see this error API-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll missing popping up on your screen. It may be due to missing or corrupted missing DLL files from your PC. This file is required to run most of the games like GTA 5, Minecraft, and PubG.
Once you face this situation you will see a different error message like;
- api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error.
- There was a problem starting api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll. The specified module could not be found
- Error loading api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll. The specified module could not be found.
The missing API-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll file is a part of Visual C++ Redistributable Studio. This DLL System File is provided by Microsoft for Windows 7, Windows 10, and earlier Versions. The programs like Microsoft office and games need this software to run them.
So if you are dealing with the situation, we have a quick solution for you. Apply them and it will fix the DLL file missing error.
Read Also: Fix: The Code Execution Cannot Proceed Because msvcp140.dll Was Not Found
How to fix the “api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll missing” error?
There are three methods to fix this error. You can choose anyone. I have personally tested them when I encountered this error.
1. Download Windows KB2999226 Update
You can download this update when your Windows updates itself. This is an automatic procedure but if by chance your PC is unable to install the update. Then visit the Microsoft site and manually download the Windows KB2999226 update. Just select your operating system i.e 64-bit or 32-bit and download the package.
The majority of users have confirmed that they solved this problem using this method. Now open the concerned program and see if that problem is fixed. If not then.
2. Download api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll
This is the best and quickest way o fix this error. I personally used this method but you need to be very careful. As there are many sites that offer DLL files download but most of them distribute malicious codes to destroy your PC.
Read Also: Where to Download and Install DLL files on Windows?
These DLL files only have a size in KB if you think that the download package consists of files having a size in MB then leave their site. However, there are certain trustworthy DLL file download sites, where you can get a copy of this file.
How Do I Download api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll?
- Download .dll files in a zip folder. (for your satisfaction you can scan it using an anti-malware tool.)
- Extract the folder and copy this API file and paste it into your system directory.
- The default directory is C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- If this file is needed for the game or program then paste this DLL file in that program’s directory.
Now you are good to go your error is gone and you can run the program or plays a PC game.