Genshin Impact not launching on your Windows PC or it’s not loading properly? Don’t worry apply the fixes given below.
Many players are complaining that when they press the launch button in the Genshin Impact Launcher, it doesn’t launch the game at all, instead, it goes back to the hidden icon, and nothing is launched.
Are you also dealing with Genshin Impact not launching problem, well you are not alone in this boat however you can fix the launching issues easily?
Why is Genshin Impact Not Launching?
The problem of Genshing Impact won’t launch occurs due to several reasons however the most common causes that trigger this issue are:
- AntiEasy Cheat apps running on your PC.
- Outdated graphics card drivers.
- Antivirus software prevents the game from running.
- Apps that is running in the background causing the conflict.
- Outdated or faulty DirectX 11 or Visual C++ files.
- Not Running game as administrator
- Corrupted Genshin Impact’s game file
What To Do If Genshin Impact Won’t Launch
Apply the following fixes to get rid of genshin not launching problem.
Perform a Clean Boot
The Genshin Impact not launching problems arises when there are multiple programs running in the background. Maybe one of those programs is preventing Genshin from starting.
You need to perform a clean boot that will disable all the programs while allowing only this game. Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and type MSConfig to open System Configuration.
- Click the Services tab and from the bottom check the box Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Then press Disable All button, click Apply, and OK.
Now Restart your PC to check if Genshin Impact launches or not.
For many players, the Genshin Impact not launching issues fixed when they accessed Vcredist
There are high chances that this fix will work for you resolving Genshin Impact’s not launching problem. Follow these steps:
- On your Desktop, right-click on the Genshin Impact icon and select Open file location.
- Scroll down till you locate the VCredists files and run them.
- Select Install or Repair.
- Reboot your PC
Now try to launch the game.
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable and DirectX 11
The Genshin Impact will not launch if Visual C++ or DirectX 11 is not installed. You will also see an error message while launching the Genshin Impact if the DirectX 11 or C++ is corrupted.
Try to reinstall these files from Microsoft, follow these steps:
- Go to the Visual C++ download page and download the latest Visual C++ 2022 Redistributable package for your Windows.
- Once downloaded, run the exe file and click the Repair or Install button to initiate the setup.
After that download DirectX 11, install it, and then force the Genshin Impact to run in DirectX 11 mode. For that follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Genshin Impact icon and select Properties.
- Copy and paste the following command in the Target field:
"C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\GenshinImpact.exe” -window-mode exclusive -screen-quality Fastest -force-d3d11
Now try to launch Genshin Impact to see id working properly.
Uninstall The FACEIT Anti-Cheat
The Genshin anti-cheat can also cause interference and if you have installed the FACEIT cheat then you need to uninstall it. Sometimes these tools prevent games from launching properly.
Access your Windows Control Panel to uninstall FACEIT.
Update Graphics Card Driver
Graphics drivers are crucial to playing any PC game. If the Genshin Impact not launching on Windows PC it is because you might have outdated, faulty, or incompatible graphics driver in your system.
You need to update graphics drivers to get rid of this issue, for that there are two methods Manual and Automatic.
The manual process includes visiting the AMD/NVIDIA site manually and locating the right GeForce driver to install it. It usually takes time and skills but if you don’t have patience or skills then you can opt for the Automatic method.
Just Download Driver Easy on your PC and install it. It will automatically scan and update the drivers for you.
The Driver Easy is available in the Free and Pro versions the only difference between these two is that the Pro version allows you to update all the graphics drivers in a go.
In case, updating the graphics driver won’t fix the launching problem you can roll back to the previous version using the Driver Easy.
Update Your Windows PC
Most users who were dealing with Genshin Impact not launching on Windows 11 or 10 is because they haven’t updated their operating system.
To check if there’s any pending update press Win + I to open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Update.
If there is any pending update install it and then restart your PC.
Disable Antivirus and Windows Firewall
If you have installed third-party antivirus software like Avast, McAfee, or simply using the Windows Firewall they can interfere with Genshin Impact.
It’s because these programs consider some game files as a threat and try to block them from running causing the Genshin not launching problem.
The best way is to uninstall these programs temporarily or disable them and then try launching the game.