Realtek HD Audio Driver is the most commonly used sound driver for managing the audio settings for Windows PC. If you’re using Windows 10 or Windows 7 on desktop or laptop PC chances are that you’re using Realtek audio device.
If you find Realtek HD Audio Manager is missing, not working / detected on your computer, don’t worry. This how-to guide helps you to completely fix the Realtek HD audio manager not opening issue.
What is Realtek Audio Console?
Realtek audio console helps control volume, enhances sound effects, configures speaker/microphone settings, and boosts volume in Windows 10, etc.
Before actually going to reinstall the HD audio console on your PC. You should take a few quick steps to resolve the missing issue in windows 10.
Enable the Startup in Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager in Windows 10.
- Click the Startup tab, and right-click HD Audio Manager to choose Enable.
- Restart your PC to see if HD Audio Manager shows up in the system tray.
Fix Missing HD Audio Manager from Control Panel
- Open Control Panel in Windows 10. Click View by Large icons category.
- Click Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel. And click the i icon.
- Make sure the Display icon in the notification area option is checked in the information window, and click OK.
- Check if the HD Audio Manager icon has appeared in the system tray
Find Missing Audio Manager in File Explorer
If you can’t find Realtek HD Sound Manager in Control Panel, you can check if you can find it in File Explorer.
- Open File Explorer
- Go to C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA.
- Find RtkNGUI64 application file in the File Explorer window, and double-click it to open the program.
Update audio drivers through device manager
- Right-click on Start and pick Device Manager from the menu.
- Expand the list under Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click on your audio device and select Update driver.
- Pick Search automatically for updated driver software from the options.
- Wait until the system installs the updates and then reboot your machine
Download & Re-install RealTek HD Audio Manager
You must choose the correct HD audio codecs software version for your Windows 10 or Windows 7 and system architecture (32bit or 64bit).
Download the latest and updated driver and then execute the installer file to start the installation process by following the instructions.
Automatically update Realtek audio drivers
A much more simple & quick solution to reinstall the Realtek HD audio console is to automatically update audio drivers using a third-party solution called Driver Easy. It will update or fix all your drivers problems with minimum to no effort.
Driver Easy automatically recognizes your PC and finds the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to risk downloading & installing the wrong drivers. Drive Easy can automatically update audio drivers with either Free or the Pro version.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Hopefully you find the guide helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.