Are you getting Realtek digital output with no sound issue on windows 10?
Many Realtek audio device users have reported that they can’t hear sound when using Realtek Digital Output as a default output device on windows 10.
If you are dealing with the same issue on your computer, there is nothing to worry about.
Why is Realtek Digital Output not producing sound?
Realtek Digital Output should be one of the most famous audio devices. Digital Output refers to high-definition digital audio devices that connect to the computer without analog cables. There are various reasons where users using Realtek Digital Output have no sound output.
Commonly, this issue is due to outdated/ improper configuration/missing Realtek audio drivers on your system.
But it doesn’t mean that your hardware isn’t working. Outdated sound drivers could cause an incompatible environment that could create conflicts between the external device and the driver.
FIX 1: Set your Speakers as the Default Device
- Right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and then click on sounds.
- Click on the playback tab, right-click on the Speakers option, and choose Set as the Default device from the context menu.
- Click the OK button to save the change.
After completing the step, you’ll be able to hear sound from your Realtek audio device. But if not, then try out the other fixes.
Fix 2 Test your Audio Drivers for diver issues
The Realtek digital output not working error is normally caused due to some drivers issue. You can quickly check and fix the issue by checking the status of your driver in the device manager.
- Press Windows icon key + R to open the Run Windows.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter. The Device Manager of your system will open.
Click on Sound, video, and game controllers options to locate the Realtek High Definition Audio option.
If you find a yellow triangle against the Realtek High Definition Audio, it states the issue with the drivers, and it needs to be updated.
Fix 4 Run the audio troubleshooter
- Press Windows key+R.
- To access the Troubleshooter settings, write this code, “ms-settings:troubleshoot“, and hit Enter.
- Click on “Additional troubleshooters“.
- In the list of troubleshooters, scroll down and click on the “Playing Audio“.
- After that, click on “Run the troubleshooter“.
Now Windows will detect and fix the Realtek digital output has no sound issue on your computer.
Fix 5 -Disable Enhancements
- Press Windows icon + R
- Now, type “mmsys.cpl” and hit Enter.
- Now, click on enhancements tab and then check, disable all sound effects.
Fix 6 Reinstall the High Definition Audio Driver
- Press the Win key +R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ into the box and click OK to open the Device Manager window.
- On the Confirm Device Removal dialogue box, you’ll see a warning message that says “You are about to uninstall this device from your system”.
Just check the box Delete the driver software for this device then click Uninstall to confirm the changes.
- Restart your computer to allow Windows to reinstall the audio driver.