One Piece Odyssey is an Action-Adventure game in which players get to fight different kinds of monsters on the Mysterious Island. Players will be able to play with the characters of a Pirate group called “Straw Hat Pirates”.
Skills are one of the main aspects of fighting in the One Piece Odyssey game. All the characters of the game have their own unique Battle Skills and Field Skills which can be used during the Battles and in the normal environment.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to use the skills of the characters in One Piece Odyssey.
How to Use Characters’ Skills in One Piece Odyssey
There are two types of Skills in One Piece Odyssey. One is Field Skills and the other one is Battle Skills. The Field Skills are easier to use because they can only be used in an environment and One Piece Odyssey gives the Green Icons in the environment which indicates that a Field Skill can be used at a certain location.
How to use Field Skills of Characters in One Piece Odyssey
Players can switch between the characters to use one of the Field Skills. For the Field Skills, you only have to press the following buttons.
- A normal Field Skill can be used by just pressing the R2 button.
- A special Field Skill can be used by holding down the L2 button to aim and then pressing the R2 button.
How to Use Battle Skills of Characters in One Piece Odyssey
Battle Skills can only be used during the Battle. The battles in One Piece Odyssey are fought in a Turn Base mechanic so, players can easily make a strategy of which skills to be used. Players can use the Battle Skills by the following steps.
- Once the Battle is initiated, press the Right Button on the D-Pad (Directional Buttons) to open up the Skills of the equipped character.
- Use the Up and Down buttons of the D-Pad to select one of the Skills in the list.
- Press “X” to confirm the Skill and it will be used on the enemy.
- Battle Skills use Tension Points (TP) which are shown above your character’s HP. If you do not have enough TP for a Skill then you will not be able to use it.
To change the character during the fight, press the L1 or R1 button to switch through the characters in the battle. After that, you can repeat the same steps to see their skills list.