Have you encountered an error showing PS5 Black Screen No Video Signal on TV?
This short guide helps to completely fix PS5 Black Screen. This PlayStation’s 5 error was originally discussed on Reddit. The popular queries regarding the PS5 Black screen are below and we try to address all the queries regarding PS5 no TV signal detected error;
- PS5 Screen going black while playing with no sound?
- PS5 screen goes black after PS logo?
- PlayStation 5 black screen on startup?
- P55 turning on but no display on boot?
- PS5 black screen after rest mode?
Before actually moving on to the solutions to fix the PS5 black screen. You might be wondering why my PlayStation 5 turns on but the screen is black.
Why is my PS5 showing a black screen?
Why does my PS5 randomly go black?
There are many reasons why your PS5 console is showing a black screen while playing and not showing a video signal on the TV.
- Change the TV video output.
- Faulty HDMI cable.
- PS5 console & TV Power cords aren’t connected properly.
Change the TV output resolution to fix PS5 black screen of death
The problem that PS5 is showing a black screen is because you have switched the PS5 from one TV to another. The problem happens only when the resolution of the new TV is lower than the resolution of the older TV. Your PS5 usually doesn’t change its resolution according to the TV.
This means that if you switch from a Samsung 4K TV to an LG 1440p resolution TV, the PS5 will still output 4k resolution but your LG 1440p isn’t capable of handling the pixels and ultra-sharp resolution hence, a black screen flicker. You can fix this issue by lowering down the PS5 resolution by booting it into safe mode.
Check the Faulty HDMI Cable
If the HDMI cable is faulty, then it won’t work and cause this error. A loose HDMI cable could also be causing the black screen issue.
Power Cord is not connected properly
If the power cord is not connected properly then your PS5 console will not get power. This will result in PS5 no signal.
Related: CE-34878-0 PS4 Error Game Crashing
Solution 1 – Lower Down the Resolution by booting in Safe Mode
First things first; boot your PS5 console in safe mode and lower down the resolution to get rid of a black screen with code on PS5.
Fix black screen without a picture
- Shut down your PS5 to boot into safe mode. If you see yellow light then it means the console is in the rest mode. If you see green light then it indicated it is ON.
If your console is in rest mode then power it up. Only then it can be shut down. If it’s already powered up, it’s time to shut it down. Hold the power button until you hear two beeps. It might take up to 10 seconds so no worries.
Let go of the button once you hear the second beep. This indicates that the PS5 is powered off.
- Now boot it in safe mode once you have powered off your console.
- Hold down the power button until you hear the second beep else, it will power up and you would have to follow this step again.
- Connect the controller using USB cable. Make sure you have it ready because otherwise you will not be able to wirelessly connect the controller when the PS5 is in the safe mode.
- Now, hit the PS button to boot it into safe mode.
After that follow this to Change resolution to fix the ps5 blinking blue light black screen after the logo.
- Go to “Change Video Output.”
- Then Hit “X” on “Change Resolution.”
After that, you will be prompted to restart PS5. Click OK.
Select the resolution that is suitable for your TV.
Also, note few things:
- If PS5 no signal to TV then select option 2 which is Change HDCP Mode > HDCP 1.4 Only.
- PS5 only supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 2016p. There is no 1440p, so you have to use 1080p resolution even if you have a 1440p monitor/TV.
Now, you can get back to gaming and start playing warzone or monster hunter world or any of your favourites.
Solution 2 – Check the HDMI Cable & HDMI Ports to fix PS5 blinking black screen
- Check for any defective HDMI port.
- Make sure that the HDMI cable is 2.0.
- Make a disconnection of all the HDMI cables behind the TV and the console.
- Reverse the Connection of these cables.
If this doesn’t work, remove the power to your television and wait at least a minute to plug it in again.
This will fix PS5 showing a black screen error with sound.
Solution 3 – Hard Reset Your Console to Fix PS5 stuck on black screen on startup
- Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds so that it turns off completely.
- Remove the power behind the console and keep pressed the power button until there is no power. This will clear the cache.
After this, connect back the console with power. Wait a few seconds to turn it on and see if ps5 black screen flash is still there.
Solution 4 – Contact Technical support
If you observe nothings helps, then it’s time to get in touch directly with Sony’s technical Contact Support
It is certainly the best option to consider after going through so many solutions.
Even if you surf Reddit, there’s this discussion going on.
The best answer came up as:
Hold the power button for 2 beeps and power off the console. Then unplug the external hard drive. Upon booting up again everything is on the track again. Probably, the problem is with the external and not the software.
What does it mean if my PS5 has a white light?
Normally, the blinking orange indicates that your PlayStation 4 or 5 is sitting in Rest Mode.
If the indicator light blinks white or the blue light does not transit to solid white, the console is frozen and needs troubleshooting.
Wait for 60 seconds, plug the console back in and turn it back on. If the blinking or flashing white/blue PS5 lights persist, reinstall the console software using Safe Mode.
That’s all for this guide today.
I expect that today’s article has helped you fix the PS5 dark/grey screen.