It is so peaceful to watch a campfire burning. It is even more delightful to make a campfire in Minecraft.
So, lets’ start building one.
What does a Campfire do in Minecraft?
A campfire in Minecraft is a perfect way to bring life to a house or your nearby surrounding with their warm light and cozy crackling sound.
In this way, you can enjoy a trail of smoke rising into the air, bringing in a more realistic world.
Campfire in Minecraft is also a great source of heat to cook your raw food. Select any raw food from your inventory and right-click the campfire to cook it. The food will be ready after 30 seconds.
They can also be used as signals guiding you to your home base.
Similarly, you can place a campfire next to a beehive for farming honey without the potential threat of being attacked by bees.
However, they melt up to 3 snow blocks surrounding it.
How to Make a Campfire in Minecraft
The tutorial explains ‘how to make a campfire in Minecraft’ step-by-step.
A campfire is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
|Java Edition (PC/Mac)||Yes (1.14)|
|Pocket Edition (PE)||Yes (1.11.0)|
|Xbox One||Yes (1.11.0)|
|Nintendo Switch||Yes (1.11.0)|
|Windows 10 Edition||Yes (1.11.0)|
|Education Edition||Yes (1.12.0)|
What Materials You need to make a Campfire?
You will be needing these three things to make a campfire in Minecraft:
- 3 sticks
- 1 Charcoal or 1 Coal
- 3 Wood or 3 Logs
Quick Summary: To make a campfire in Minecraft, place 3 wooden logs, of any kind, in the last row, coal in the center of the grid, and finally three sticks on the remaining sides of the coal – all in a 3×3 crafting grid.
Now, I will break down each and every step:
- Launch Minecraft
- Open a 3×3 crafting table
- Move the three sticks from your inventory to the crafting table. The first stick should be located in the center cell of the top row. The middle row should have the remaining sticks in the side cell.
- Place one coal in the center of the crafting grid; in-between the three sticks.
- Bring down the three wooden blocks or logs to the bottom of your crafting table. There should be 1 wood or 1 log in each of the three boxes.
Note: You can use any wood or log to make a campfire in Minecraft.
Here’s how all the items should be placed in:
That’s the recipe for a Minecraft campfire.
Campfire will now appear in the box to the right.
Pull it down to Inventory.
Congrats! you’ve learned how to make a campfire. Although, this is not your favorite wooden fireplace with a cute chimney but will still spread fire, heat, and light to your surroundings.
Where to find a Campfire in Creative Mode
Here is where you can find a campfire in the Creative Inventory menu:
|Platform||Version(s)||Creative Menu Location|
|Java Edition (PC/Mac)||1.14 – 1.17||Decoration Blocks|
How do you make a campfire in Minecraft Pocket Edition
Crafting a campfire in Minecraft Pocket Edition is not difficult.
The steps are luckily the same in all the game versions.
So, scroll up and follow the steps to make a campfire.
Craft a Campfire in Mac
If you’re using Mac OS and want to make a campfire, follow the same instructions above.
The same applies to Windows 10 or any other Windows version.
Where Can You Get the Materials From to Make a Campfire?
The resources that are required for making a campfire in Minecraft are quite to find.
- You will find the three wooden sticks while fishing or next to dead bushes.
- Coal or charcoal can be obtained in coal ore which is located four to 15 blocks underground. So, you would want a pickaxe to dig up the coal.
- The wooden blocks or logs for making a campfire is obtained by slashing up the trees.
What do you need to make a soul campfire in Minecraft?
Soul Campfires in Minecraft is just like a normal campfire but with a variant that gives off a light-blue illumination and also repels any piglines within the bright blue light.
Soul campfire gives off a lower-level light than a normal campfire, which is great for those who love a warm and ambient crackling sound.
How to Make a Lantern in Minecraft
How to Make a Soul Campfire in Minecraft?
Crafting a soul campfire in Minecraft is super easy.
Minecraft soul campfire recipe requires you three sticks, three of any woods, and a single block of either soul sand or soul soil.
- Move the three sticks from your inventory to the crafting table
- The first stick should be located in the center cell of the top row. The middle row should have the remaining sticks in the side cell
- Place one piece of soul soil in the center of your crafting table between the three sticks
- Bring up the three wooden blocks or log to the bottom row of the crafting grid
- The soul campfire will appear to the right of your crafting table.
- Drag it down to your inventory
How to Put Out a Camfire in Minecraft?
You can extinguish a campfire in Minecraft by waterlogging it or placing water in the same block space, or throwing a splash water bottle on it.
But, how do you put out a campfire without water?
A common way of doing it is using dry sand or dirt. A better way is to use a shovel to throw sand and dirt on the coals of the fire.
As with torches, rain does not extinguish campfires.
Any items cooking on a campfire will always drop when the campfire block is broken.
We hope that our article helps you to make a campfire in Minecraft.
It is a wonderful addition to your game to keep your house lit and cozy.
The soul campfires make even better decorations drawing attention to their vivid blue color.
Apart from that, you’ll be safe from these ugly bees and piglins.
In other words, it’s a must-have essential.
Now, I would love to know from you if this article has helped you craft a campfire in Minecraft.
If there’s any point still bothering you, feel comfortable commenting below.