The Media Creation Tool is a program provided by Microsoft on its official site which enables you to upgrade your current Windows PC to the latest version of Windows 10. You can also use MCT to Download Windows 10 ISO and create a bootable USB or DVD of Windows 10 to install it on different PCs.
If you are planning to upgrade your Windows PC or you want to download and install the original Windows 10 on your PC.
This is the complete guide to download, install and use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool on your PC.
Download and Install the latest version of Windows 10 from Microsoft Using Windows Media Creation Tool.
1- How to Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) ?
To get started with Microsoft Media Creation Tool, Visit the Microsoft Windows 10 Download Page or Download Media Creation Tool directly from Softlay. Under the heading of Create Windows 10 Installation Media…
- Select the Download Tool Now button.
- Next, a dialog box will ask you if you want to save a program called MediaCreationTool21H1.exe.
- Click Save File.
2- How to Install Media Creation Tool (MCT) on PC?
- Open the folder where you have downlaoded the Downlaod Tool.
- Double click on Media Creation Tool to open, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
- On the License terms page, Accept the license terms, and conditions to start installation.
- Wait for system to install the MCT tool.
3- Download Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool?
(Create Windows 10 Installation Media)
Follow the steps below to download Windows 10 ISO using the Windows Media creation tool MCT.
- Once you installed the Medai Creation Tool (MCT) the tool will walk you through to Windows 10 setup download page.
- You will see two options on this window. (Upgrade this PC Now) and (Creat installation media(USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC.
- Click on “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file)” for another PC and click “Next”. See screenshot below…
- On the Next page choose the options as per your systen requirnment. “Language,Edition (Windows 10), and Architecture(32-bit(x86) or 64-bit (x64)”.see screenshot…
Note: All Windows 10 editions are available to download with this tool, when you select Windows 10, except for the Enterprise edition.
- On the Choose Which Media to Use? page, you will find two options, “USB Flash Drive” and “ISO file”.
- By choosing “USB Flash Drive” option, the tool will create your bootable USB inside the MCT Using ISO file directly.
- You need to connect 8 GB Flash Drive to use this method. (Using this method you will only get a Windows 10 bootable USB and you can’t save ISO file on your PC for later use).
- Choose the second option “ISO file” and click Next.
- This will start the process of downloading Windows 10 ISO file to your computer.
- “Downloding Windows 10” Wait for system to complete the progress upto 100%, You can use your computer during this process.
You can upgrade your current version of Windows to the Latest Versions using media creation tool as per the details given below.
|Your current edition of Windows||Windows 10 edition|
|Windows 7 Starter|
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 8.1 with Bing
Windows 10 Home
|Windows 10 Home|
|Windows 7 Professional|
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 8 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows 8/8.1 Professional with Media Center
Windows 10 Pro
|Windows 10 Pro|
|Windows 8/8.1 Single Language|
Windows 8 Single Language with Bing
|Windows 10 Home Single Language|
|Windows 8/8.1 Chinese Language Edition|
Windows 8 Chinese Language Edition with Bing
|Windows 10 Home China|
|Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home|
|Windows 10 Pro||Windows 10 Pro|
@Softlay, We always trying to make our tutorials simple and easy to understand for every user. If you have any confusion you can leave us a comment so we can update our guide as per the user needs.