Baldur’s Gate 3 is a challenging game, but sometimes you just need to cheat a little bit. Whether you’re stuck on a tough boss fight or you just want to explore the game’s world without any restrictions, there are a few cheats that can help you out.
In this article, we’ll show you how to enable the console in Baldur’s Gate 3 and how to use it to enter cheats. We’ll also list some of the most useful cheats, including god mode, infinite health, and unlimited gold.
So whether you’re a casual player or a hardcore cheater, we’ve got you covered. Read on to learn how to cheat in Baldur’s Gate 3!
Are there any Cheats in Baldur’s Gate 3?
The fact is there aren’t any direct in-game cheats for Baldur’s Gate 3. However, you can use the cheats by using Baldurs Gate 3 cheat engine.
Furthermore, there are also Baldur’s Gate 3 secrets tips & tricks, achievements, and trophies that you can unlock to gain an advantage in the game.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Console Commands
In earlier Larian games, players could use cheat codes by pressing Ctrl+Tab and typing “CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()“. However, this doesn’t work with the Early Access build of Baldur’s Gate 3. Here’s a list of cheat codes for Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Ctrl+1: change paper doll armour type.
- Ctrl+2: darken the screen.
- Ctrl+3: lighten the screen.
- Ctrl+4: show interactable objects.
- Ctrl+6: change to the previous paper doll.
- Ctrl+7: change to next paper doll.
- Ctrl+8: shows text boxes.
- Ctrl+9: shows sprites.
- Ctrl+A: animate sprite.
- Ctrl+B: shows the last FMV clip.
- Ctrl+C: got to the next chapter.
- Ctrl+D: debug dump.
- Ctrl+F: turns to the character.
- Ctrl+J: jump to space under the cursor.
- Ctrl+L: shows coordinates under the cursor.
- Ctrl+R: heals character under the cursor.
- Ctrl+S: select a sprite animation.
- Ctrl+X: shows position info.
- Ctrl+Y: kills character under the cursor.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Cheat Engine
The best way to use cheats in Baldur’s Gate 3 is with Cheat Engine. Users have found that these cheats work well and allow them to do various things like getting new spells and items. Here’s a quick guide on how to use Cheat Engine with Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Install Cheat Engine.
- Double-click the .CT file from this forum to open it.
- Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine to select the game process. Keep the list.
- Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1.
And here’s a short list of commands that you can expect from Cheat Engine:
- Rest Anywhere
- Add Gold
- Add Experience
- Respec Character
- Max Ability Stats
- Extra Max Health
- Extra Armor
- Add All Resistance
- Immune to Status Effects
- Super Jump
- Unlimited Movement
- Unlimited Action Points
- Unlimited Spell Slots
- Unlimited Warlock Spell Slots
- Unlimited Sorcery Points
- Increase Carry Capacity
- Add Permanent Tags to Player: Pet Pal, Comprehend Languages, Detect Thoughts, Hermit, Urchin
- Add Spells
- Dark Vision
- Toggle Fog of War
- Object Spawner (equipment, items, scenery, walls, etc.)
- Companion Attitude
- Companion Approval
Baldur’s Gate 3 Cheat Codes via Divinity Engine & ReCon Small Remote utility
You can use Baldur’s Gate 3 Cheat codes via Divinity Engine. Here’s how you can activate and use the Baldur’s Gate 3 cheats;
How to Activate Cheats in Baldur’s Gate 3?
Ways of Activation
Here are two ways to activate cheat in Baldur’s Gate 3 through an old process that works for Divinity: Original Sin 1.
- You can install Divinity Engine 4.0 and use the console commands to type in cheats in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- And you can also use the ReCon Small remote utility to send the console commands. Type the command directly and then run a cheat.
- Locate the folder at Documents > Baldur’s Gate – Enhanced Edition. On my desktop PC, this was in the default Windows 10 Documents folder within OneDrive; on my laptop, it is in C:\users\<username>\Documents. It will depend on how your computer was set up.
- In a text editor open the file Baldur.lua.
- Add the line SetPrivateProfileString(‘Program Options’, ‘Debug Mode’, ‘1’).
- Save and close the file.
Now when you run the game, you can enter the game console by pressing Ctrl + Spacebar. It looks like this, at the bottom of the screen:
This allows you to enter codes that generate items, amongst other things. For instance, this code allows generates a set of Ankheg Plate Mail armor for your current character:
The older versions of Baldur’s Gate used the code CLUAConsole: but this has now been shortened to a single, uppercase C: followed by a colon.
Thanks to a tip from Craig in the comments. If you want to create multiple instances of the same item, add a comma and a number, e.g.
will create 200 arrows.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Cheats
To make more fun in the game, here are all the Baldur’s Gate 3 cheats for PC, Mac, PS2, and PS4, which include gold, ability scores, approval cheat, revive cheat, and much more, So, let’s take a look.
- Ctrl+1: change paper doll armor type
- Ctrl+2: darken the screen
- Ctrl+3: lighten the screen
- Ctrl+4: show interactable objects
- Ctrl+6: change to the previous paper doll
- Ctrl+7: change to the next paper doll
- Ctrl+8: shows text boxes
- Ctrl+9: shows sprites
- Ctrl+A: animate sprite
- Ctrl+B: shows the last FMV clip
- Ctrl+C: got to the next chapter
- Ctrl+D: debug dump
- Ctrl+F: turns to character
- Ctrl+J: jump to space under the cursor
- Ctrl+L: shows coordinates under the cursor
- Ctrl+R: heals character under the cursor
- Ctrl+S: select a sprite animation
- Ctrl+X: shows position info
- Ctrl+Y: kills character under the cursor
The second method of using ReCon small remote utility works for Divinity: Original Sin 2. This requires you to use the Editor in the game installation folder. It is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Divinity Engine 4. Run Recon by pressing Ctrl + Shift + F11, this activates the cheats.
By using the
- god – Turn on God Mode, and type it again to turn it off.
- peace on/off – Turn on Peace Mode, and type it again to turn it off.
- killcombat – kills all enemies in current combat
- nocooldowns – removes cooldowns
- infiniteAp – your actions will cost 0 AP
- killArmor – Sets the magic and physical armor of the selected character to 0.
- nearlyKill – Sets the HP of the currently selected character to 1.
- infiniteMemory – You will have over 9000 memory
- resurrect – resurrects currently selected character
Baldur’s Gate 3 Tips And Tricks
Here are all the Baldur’s Gate 3 tips & tricks that you can use in the game.
1. Don’t bunch up during combat to minimize damage and maximize strategy!
- Don’t stick together during fights: It may seem obvious to fight as a group, but spreading out gives you an advantage.
- Avoid getting hit by area spells: Staying spread out makes it harder for enemy spellcasters to hit your entire party with spells like Grease or Oil.
- Better strategizing: Being apart, but nearby, allows for more strategic positioning and actions for each companion.
- Utilize companions’ strengths: Take advantage of individual abilities, like Lae’zel’s superior jumping and Astarion’s sneaking, to complement each other during battles.
2. If you’re unsure, hide!
- Stealth when uncertain: When unsure about enemies, use stealth to move cautiously and avoid surprises.
- Activate combat time strategically: Turn on combat time for 6 seconds to assess the situation and move without being spotted.
- Bypass unnecessary fights: Stealth allows you to bypass some combat encounters and find valuable loot instead.
- Don’t abandon fights completely: You can return later to deal with remaining enemies if needed.
3. Examine your weapons/armor to make sure you’re using it right
- Check your equipment: Look at your weapons and armor to avoid making mistakes.
- Consider armor effects: Some armor may have benefits like higher AC but could have drawbacks, like reduced Stealth.
- Know weapon proficiency: Understand your weapon proficiency to avoid using weapons that put you at a disadvantage.
- Avoid buying unusable gear: Before purchasing new equipment, ensure you can actually use it to prevent wasted resources.
4. Try to compliment your team with a good balance of abilities
- Compliment your companions wisely: Complimenting them can have different effects, so choose carefully.
- Know your team’s strengths and weaknesses: Understand the abilities of your companions and yourself.
- Balance your team: Aim for a mix of tank-like classes, healing, and ranged abilities to handle various challenges effectively.
5. Keep an eye on your character sheet
- Check your character sheet: Even if you don’t know Dungeons and Dragons, your character sheet is essential in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Know your stats and proficiencies: Clicking on your stats reveals your proficiency, helping you know where you’ll likely succeed.
- Understand damage and AC: The character sheet shows your weapon damage and armor class, aiding in planning combat strategies.
- Explore spell information: Find details about your spells, actions, and spell DC on the character sheet.
- Easy to access and understand: The character sheet contains valuable information presented in an accessible and simple manner.
How Do You Change Stats In Baldur’s Gate 3?
You should get a potion (using invis potion visuals) at the game start and can be bought from the Skeleton Trader. Drinking the potion will unlock the ability to change your stats, AC and Movement. You can toggle this on and off from the reaction bar.
Can You Reroll Stats In Baldur’s Gate 3?
No, players can’t currently reroll stats in Baldur’s Gate 3.