If you’re an avid fan of the WWE 2K series and recently upgraded to the latest installment, WWE 2K23, you may have encountered a frustrating issue where the game gets stuck on the loading screen.
In many cases, this problem arises due to driver problems, incompatible system requirements, corrupted cache, corrupted game files, and disk problems. This problem can be annoying, however, there are some effective solutions that can help you get back to the ring in no time
In this guide, we’ll explore some of the best ways to fix WWE 2K23 stuck on the loading screen issue and get you back to enjoying the game.
WWE 2K23 Stuck on the Loading Screen: Best Ways to Fix
If you want to get rid of this problem, then make sure that your PC meets the system requirements of WWE 2K23, disable your antivirus and firewall, install DirectX runtime and Visual C++ redistributables, close unnecessary background tasks, update WWE 2K23 & windows, and restart your PC.
In case the problem still persists, then try the below potential fixes.
1. Update GPU Driver
The first thing you’ll need to do is update your graphics card drivers. Once you’ve installed the updated drivers, try launching the game again and see if the black screen problem has been resolved.
In many cases, this should do the trick and get you back to playing WWE 2K23 without any issues. To update the GPU drivers, follow the below steps;
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and then click on Device Manager.
- Open the Device Manager again and expand Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics card, and click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and update the driver.
NVIDIA and AMD do release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC. But it takes time and if you are a newbie who doesn’t have skills then you might end up downloading the wrong drivers.
So, we suggest downloading Driver Easy software to update your graphics card driver quickly and efficiently. Unlike the device manager, it can update all drivers with a single click and has a border database for detecting the latest drivers.
2. Clear Cleint’s Cache
If you’re experiencing the frustrating issue of being stuck on the loading or launch screen while playing the new 2K23, there’s a simple and effective solution that you can try. Clearing the Steam download cache has been reported to be a highly effective method to fix this issue. To do so, just follow the below steps;
- Open the Steam desktop app.
- Click on Steam from the menu and go to Settings.
- Go to the Downloads tab, and then click on Clear download cache.
- Restart Steam.
3. Increase Virtual RAM
Virtual memory combines your RAM with temporary space on your hard disk. If you’re running out of RAM and the default size of your virtual memory isn’t large enough for your needs, you’ll need to increase it manually.
- Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard and type advanced system settings.
- Click on View advanced system settings.
- Click on Settings > Click on the Advanced tab > Click on Change.
- Uncheck the box next to manage paging file size for all drives Automatically.
- Select your C: drive [Where you’ve installed Windows] > Click the Options button next to the Custom size and type 4096 in the text box of the Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
Increasing the virtual memory three times higher than the current RAM size is always better. [1GB=1024MB]
- Click on Set and then OK to save changes.
- Restart your computer and your game.
4. Properly Place the Storage and RAM in the Slot
To resolve the issue of WWE 2K23 being stuck on the loading screen, it is suggested to take a look inside the CPU cabinet of your PC. Removing the side panel and unplugging the HDD/SSD and RAM components from their slots can be helpful. After cleaning the slots and components gently, reinsert them properly and check if the problem of WWE 2K23 being stuck on the loading screen has been resolved.
5. Repair WWE 2K23
You need to verify the game file integrity because if your game files are missing, corrupt, or damaged, WWE 2K23 stuck on loading becomes an unavoidable problem. This method has been proven effective by many players and hopes it works for you too. To do so, just follow the below steps;
- Open Steam > Click on Library > Go to Home.
- Right-click on WWE 2K23 > Click on Properties.
- Go to the Local files tab > Click on Verify integrity of game files.
Wait for a while to finish this process.
6. Perform a Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot on your PC can fix system boot-up issues by preventing resource-heavy tasks and apps from starting up. This has been reported to work by multiple users and can improve your overall system performance. To perform a clean boot, follow the simple steps below and enjoy a smoother, more efficient PC experience.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to Services > Click on Hide all Microsoft services to enable it.
- Now, click on Disable all so that the rest of the services gets turned off.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Next, go to Startup > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab > Ensure to select the specific task that has a higher startup impact.
- Now, click on Disable to turn it off.
7. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
To fix the issue of WWE 2K23 being stuck on the loading screen, it is important to disable any overlay program running in the background. Some popular apps have their own overlay program that can cause issues with gaming performance and even cause launching problems. By turning them off, you can prevent such issues from occurring. Below are the steps to follow.
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select WWE 2K23.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game Bar option.
If, in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option, then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes and launch the WWE 2K23 game again.
Also, remember that you should always disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that run in the background.
8. Repair Common Disk Issues
If you’re experiencing The WWE 2K23 stuck on the loading screen, it may be due to the poor performance of your SSD or hard disk. In such cases, the game may not be able to utilize these components effectively. To fix this issue, you can try repairing any basic disk issues by following these steps:
- Press Win + E to open the File Explorer.
- Go to This PC.
- Right-click on the disk drive where you have installed WWE 2K23, and go to Properties.
- Navigate to the Tools tab.
- Click on Check.
- Next, click on Scan Drive.
9. Delete the User Profile Data
Backing up your progress is important before deleting user data to avoid losing your in-game progress permanently. If WWE 2K23 is not loading at all, deleting the user data from documents can be a potential solution. In order to do so, follow these steps carefully.
- Open This PC.
- Go to Documents.
- Go to the WWE 2K23 folder.
- Back up and delete all contents in this folder.
- Relaunch the game.
In case the problem still exists, then try re-installing the game & see if it helps.