Have you ever encountered error code 14 on Disney Plus while trying to log in and watch your favorite show’s new episode? If you have, you may have seen one of two error messages.
The first one may say “Incorrect Password. Please reenter your password and try again“. If the problem persists, try resetting your password by selecting ‘Forgot Password?’”
The second error message may say “Sorry, we could not find your email (or password) in our system. Please re-enter your email and try again“. If the problem persists, visit the “Disney+ Help Center.”
This error typically occurs when the user inputs the incorrect login or password for their Disney Plus account, either on the website or through the app on a streaming device. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to resolve this issue and continue enjoying your favorite content on Disney Plus.
This article will guide you through the troubleshooting process to help you resolve Disney Plus Error Code 14 quickly and easily.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 14
To fix the Disney Plus Error Code 14 follow the fixes mentioned below until you reach the effective one.
1. Activate your Account
In case you encounter Error Code 14 when using Disney Plus for the first time as a new user, make sure to check your email for an activation link from Disney Plus. This should resolve the error and allow you to enjoy the full features of Disney Plus. Moreover, this fix is only for first-time users. If you have successfully streamed from Disney Plus in the past, skip this step.
2. Use the Correct Email Address
Upon encountering issues signing in to Disney Plus, it is advisable to check for the account confirmation email that was sent to you upon signing up. In case you have multiple email addresses, it is possible that you may have used a different one from the one you are attempting to log in with.
3. Try to Log in to the Disney+ Website
To verify that you are entering the correct login information, try logging in to the Disney Plus website using your email and password. If you are able to successfully log in, then it is confirmed that the entered details are accurate.
4. Try a Different Streaming Device
If Disney Plus functions properly on other streaming applications but displays Error Code 14 on a particular device, it is likely that the issue lies with that device. The problem could be related to the application or the device’s authorization status, as there may already be too many authorized devices currently signed in to your Disney Plus account.
5. Reinstall Disney Plus App
To resolve issues with Disney Plus on a specific streaming device, try deleting the application from the device and then reinstalling it. After completing the installation process, try logging in again and check if the streaming works properly.
6. Force All Devices to Log out
This will cause all authorized devices to log out of the Disney Plus app, allowing new devices to be authorized.
- Log into your account on the Disney Plus site.
- Move your mouse cursor over your profile icon in the upper right corner, and click Account in the drop-down menu.
- Click Log out of all devices.
- Enter your password, and click LOG OUT.
- Log back into the device that was providing the code 14 error and see if the error persists.
7. Reset your Disney+ Password
This will ensure that you have a valid password, and it also gives you the option to force devices to log out.
- From the Disney Plus main site, click “Log In“.
- Enter your email address, and click “Continue“.
- Click “Forgot Password”.
- Wait for an email from Disney Plus, enter the code you receive, and click “Continue”.
- Enter a new password, and click “Continue“.
- Use your new password to log into the Disney Plus app on your phone or streaming device, and check to see if code 14 persists.
8. Contact Disney+ Support
If the suggested solution above did not resolve the issue, it is possible that you are experiencing a platform bug that may have affected other users as well. This can happen when a Disney+ account is used to stream content on multiple devices and the password is changed.
In case you have already attempted to change the password via the recovery menu and the problem persists, the best course of action is to contact a Disney Plus service technician and request their assistance.
Here is a brief walk-through of the full procedure for your reference:
- Go to the Disney plus main support website by opening a web browser (ideally on a PC or Mac).
- After that, click the Live Chat icon at the bottom of the screen after further scrolling down.
- In the pop-up that just appears, provide a brief explanation of the problem.
You may put something like this in your text: “I got the error number 14 every time I try to log in with my Disney+ account despite using the right password”.
- To start a chat with a live customer service representative, select Live Chat.
- A Disney plus employee should eventually join the discussion. He’ll probably remove your account’s authorization from all linked devices and ask you to change the password for your main Disney plus account.
Hopefully, you will find this guide helpful in resolving the error code 14 on Disney plus.