Several Disney plus users claim that when they try to stream their favorite shows via the app, they receive the error code 39 which reads “We’re sorry, but we cannot play the video you requested. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Disney+ Support (Error Code 39)“.
The Disney plus error code 39 is commonly seen on a wide range of devices, including PCs, TVs, Android, iOS, and more, but Xbox One is the device where this error code shows more frequently.
This Disney Plus Error Code 39 is caused by a lack of permission or an unstable internet connection, preventing content streaming. The error message suggests contacting Disney Plus Support, but don’t worry – there are several simple steps you can take to resolve the issue and get back to streaming your favorite content.
This problem can be resolved by restarting your XBOX, clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the Disney Plus app, and checking for any available system updates that may address compatibility issues.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the most effective solutions for fixing Disney Plus error code 39 on XBOX consoles, so you can get back to binge-watching your favorite content in no time.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 on XBOX Consoles
There are a variety of ways to fix Disney Plus Error Code 39. If you encounter this error on your Xbox, try closing the app and stopping the streaming.
If you’re using the Windows 10 Xbox app, connect your Xbox One to your computer and try restarting both the Disney Plus app and your Xbox One.
You can also try the additional methods listed below to resolve Disney Plus Problem Code 39.
1. Try to Reload the Video
Sometimes, an error code may occur cause of a chance event whilst playing a video. To fix this error, try refreshing or reloading the video to restart playing. If this doesn’t work, move on to the next fix.
2. Use a Different HDMI Port or Change the Cable
To resolve Error Code 39 on Disney Plus, attempt changing the HDMI port on your TV using the streaming device that produced the error. Test each port to determine if any of them are functioning properly. If you identify a functioning port, this indicates that a successful handshake occurred on that port. It is recommended to keep the streaming device connected to the working port to ensure uninterrupted operation.
If switching the HDMI port does not resolve the issue, you may want to try using a different HDMI cable if one is available. It is advisable to use a functional HDMI 2.1 cable that is not too long. After identifying a functional cable, keep it connected and use it to stream content.
3. Use Different Streaming Devices
Disney Plus Error 39 may happen on different devices, but it is commonly encountered on Xbox One. To fix it, try switching to another device. If the issue is resolved, the Xbox One might be faulty.
4. Remove any Installed Video Capture Devices
If you face Disney Plus Error Code 39 while using video capture devices to broadcast games or record movies, unplug and remove the connections of these devices. Some of these devices may cause the error code by interfering with Disney Plus.
5. Log Out of Disney Plus Account From Other Devices
To resolve the issue, log out of other devices such as PCs, gaming consoles, smartphones, and tablets and watch the movie on one Disney Plus-enabled device. This may occur if you have too many devices logged in simultaneously.
6. Reinstall the Disney Plus App
To resolve Disney Plus Error Code 39, remove and reinstall the Disney+ app on your streaming device after restarting it. You can also try downloading a free trial of Disney+ to check for errors.
As a new subscriber, you’re eligible for a free trial of Disney Plus, so you don’t need to worry about how to acquire one.
- Click the Xbox button to get the instructions for uninstalling the app.
- Click the Ready to install option after choosing My games & apps > See all > Games.
- Choose Queue.
- Choose Disney plus.
- Press your controller’s Menu button.
- Choose Manage app or Manage game & add-ons.
- Choose the app.
- Choose Uninstall all.
- To confirm, choose to Uninstall all.
- Open the instructions by pressing the Xbox button.
- Choose Apps from the My games & apps > See all menus.
- The Ready to Install tab should be chosen.
- Choose Install.
7. Shut Down your PC Xbox Streaming App
To fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 on Xbox, if you have been using the Windows 10 Xbox app to connect your Xbox One to your computer, close the app and stop streaming.
To resolve Disney + support Error Code 39 Xbox One, follow these instructions:
- Close the Disney Plus application.
- Disconnect your Xbox One from the Windows 10 Xbox app.
- Start your Xbox up again.
- On your Xbox, reinstall the Disney plus app.
- Error Code 39 should disappear once you stop streaming from your Xbox One to your Computer.
8. Reset the Factory Settings on your Xbox Console
While watching the top movies on Disney Plus, error code 39 may display. To watch Disney Plus, you may restore your Xbox to its default settings.
To reset and resolve Disney Plus Error Code 39 on Xbox One, follow these steps:
- Verify that Disney Plus works with the same television and HDMI connection when connected to a different streaming device, such as a Roku or Fire TV.
- Restore the Xbox One to factory settings if this occurs, making carefully choosing “Reset and keep my games & apps” to avoid data loss.
- When the reset process is finished, it might be required to delete and then reinstall the Disney Plus app.