If you are starting as a beginner in Dark and Darker then you should pick the Fighter class. Fighter build in Dark and Darker is a well-Rounded Class that can wield different weapons like swords, shields, daggers, and bows. The Fighter class Perks and Skills will allow you to get certain buffs as well.
In this guide, we have explained what are the perks and skills of the Fighter build in Dark and Darker and . We’ll go through the basics of the Fighter Class works and then list down all of his Skills and Perks that you will be able to select.
Fighter Build Overview
Fighter build in Dark and Darker is the best class for beginners who have just started playing the game because it is well-balanced and allows players to use multiple weapons alongside the main weapons. The build of the Fighter will consist of Perks and Skills which you will use in your Solo play or Team Play.
All Perks of Fighter
There are several (9) Perks of Fighter class in Dark and Darker in the Class Menu from where you will be able to select Four Perks in total as you level up your Fighter Class to Level 15. At the start, you will only be able to add 1 Perk in the Perks Slots and the rest of the slots will unlock as you level up your fighter character. The 2nd Perk Slot will unlock at Level 5, the 3rd Perk Slot will unlock at Level 10, and the 4th Perk Slot will unlock at Level 15. The list of all Perks available for Fighter Class is the following.
- Barricade: The Defense Rate of your character will increase by 5% while in a defensive stance.
- Combo Attack: The Physical Attack Power of your character will temporarily increase by 10% with each successful melee attack within 3 seconds.
- Counter Attack: The Movement Speed and the Attack Speed of your character will increase by 10% for 3 Seconds by successfully blocking the attacks of enemies.
- Defense Expert: The Defense Rate of your armor will increase by 10%.
- Dual Wield: The Attack Speed of your character will increase by 7% by equipping weapons in both hands.
- Projectile Resistance: It reduces the damage taken from Projectiles by 10%.
- Shield Expert: The Movement Speed of your character increases by 5% while in a defensive stance.
- Swift: It reduces the Speed Penalty of equipped Armor by 20% which will increase your character movement speed.
- Weapon Mastery: You will be able to pick up all Primary and Secondary weapons in the game but you will get a penalty of taking more damage by 20% for weapons that are not native to the Fighter class.
All Skills of Fighter
There are 6 Skills for Fighter Class in Dark and Darker that can be equipped from the Class Menu of the game. You will be able to apply any 2 Skills on your character at any time, even from the start of the game. The list of all Skills available for Fighter Class is the following.
- Adrenaline Rush: It increases your Attack Speed by 25% for 6 Seconds. Once the duration of the skill ends, your character’s Attack Speed and Movement Speed will be temporarily reduced for 6 Seconds.
- Second Wind: It recovers 50% of your character’s HP over 12 Seconds. Additionally, it eliminates the side effects of the Adrenaline Rush Skill.
- Breakthrough: It eliminates all the Debuffs of Movement Speed that your character is facing.
- Sprint: it greatly increases the Movement Speed of your character for a short duration.
- Taunt: It increases the Aggro value of all monsters within a 7.5m area by 50%. Although, it will increase the Defense Rate of your character by 10% for 7 Seconds.
- Victory Strike: It will deal 20% extra damage on the next attack and if the enemy dies from that attack, you will recover 5% of your maximum HP.
Best Dark and Darker Fighter Build for Solo and Team Play
You can enter the match as a Solo Player as well as a Team Player with your friends but the class build matter in both cases. The Gameplay in both scenarios will change and you might get to play the Fighter as an Aggressive Class in a Team and as a Defensive Class in a Solo.
For the Solo Build, equip the Second Wind and Sprint as your Skills. Solos are much more difficult than playing in the Team so you do want to have a Healing Ability and the Movement Ability to get out of trouble as soon as possible. With these skills, you need to select Combo Attack, Projectile Resistance, Defense Expert, and Swift as your Perks. All of these Perks work well with the Skills as you will be able to tank more damage and get out of danger quickly.
For the Team Build, equip the Adrenaline Rush and Sprint as your Skills. Since you are playing the fighter class, you will be able to deal damage to enemies and get out of their range more quickly. With these Skills, you can use the Perks of the Solo build as well because they work as well-balanced stats for the class. You will be able to deal damage quickly as well as block a high amount of damage.
Choose the Play-style of the Fighter Class
The Fighter Class can be played as an Aggressive class as well as the Defensive class. You will be able to move around the enemies while dealing damage to them with the Sword or you can counterattack them by keeping your Shield up to block the enemies’ attacks and launching an attack of yours. The play style is yours to choose and you can switch between both of them according to the situation you are facing.
This is all for the Fighter Class in the Third Playtest of Dark and Darker. There may be changes coming in the next Playtest or when the game releases so, stay tuned for that. Until then you can test out your Fighter Class by equipping different Perks and Skills, and see what suits you better.