Dealing with CSGO black screen on startup or mid-game? Apply the below solutions.
Apart from CSGO FPS drops issue, Windows 10 users are complaining that when they launch CSGO black screen shows up. Although players can hear sound but no screen showed up.
The reason for SCGO black screen problem may differ but most commonly it’s the misconfigured launch options, broken game files, or outdated graphics drivers.
How To Fix CSGO Black Screen On Startup Problem
The black screen shows up on launch, after loading maps, after changing resolution or running CSGO using Steam.
Fix 1. Add Autoconfig in the Launch Options To Fix Black Screen in CS:GO
If you are using Steam then set the right launch options by adding the commands i.e. -autoconfig.
If you have made any changes in the CSGO settings this command resets them to default during startup.
Here’s how to add this command:
- Open the Steam launcher appearing on your desktop.
- From the main menu click on the Library.
- Right-click on the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and choose Properties.
- Within the General tab click on the Set launch options button.
- A new box will appear where you type -autoconfig and then click OK.
Now, most probably your problem should be fixed.
Fix 2. Check Integrity of Game File
Sometimes game files on your Windows 10 PC get corrupted or broken. This may be the reason why you are seeing CSGO blank screen on startup.
All you need is to check the integrity of game files on your PC and compare it with files on the Steam server.
During this process, if any files seemed to be different they will be changed or repaired.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Steam.
- Click on Library and from the left side choose Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Right click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab.
- Click the Verify Integrity Of Game Files button then wait for the process to complete
Fix 3. Update Graphics Card Drivers
The CSGO black screen on launch problem is also associated with outdated graphics card drivers.
Supposing you have an NVIDIA graphics card then use its official control panel to update it to its latest version.
- Double click on NVIDIA GeForce Experience to open it.
- Click on the Drivers tab on top of the window.
- Click on the check for updates link.
- If there’s any updated version then download and install it on your PC.
You can also download driver easy free updater software that can instantly scan all the outdated device drivers and update them automatically.
Fix 4. Rename the CFG Folder
Reset the game settings to fix BSOD issues. Here’s how:
- Right-click on the Steam launcher and select the open file location option to open the Steam installation folder.
- Navigate to Steamapps > common > Counter-Strike Global Offensive folder. Navigate to the CSGO folder.
- Find the folder named cfg and valve.rc in the csgo folder.
- Right-click on these files to Rename these files to cfg.old and valve.old.rc, confirm the changes.
Now restart your computer and launch the game and check it’s creating or showing a black screen.
Fix 5. Stop Overclocking Your Graphics Card
If you have a modern CPU in your PC then you should be very careful while overclocking it. Because modern CPUs are already set at a higher frequency.
This process may also cause CPU overheating that may be the reason why you are dealing with the black screen issue.
If your PC is operating at a high temperature then try to keep the CPU temp an acceptable limit.
Fix 6. Disable Multi-Core Rendering
Try to disable multi-core rendering within the CSGO game. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Steam Launcher and click on Library.
- Right-click on CSGO and choose the Play Game option.
- When the game launches, click on Options from the top menu in the game.
- Select Video Settings from the drop down menu and check under Advanced Game Options for Multi-core Rendering settings.
- Use arrows to disable this option.
- Apply and restart the game.