Teaching new moves to your Pokémon is one of the most important things in the game as it allows them to enhance their Skills and Level. Players can use Hyper Training and TMs to teach new moves to the Pokémon. TM is a Technical Machine that requires certain TM Materials to craft new TM Moves that can be taught to your Pokémon. Players will be needing a certain amount of League Points (LP) as well with the TM Materials. There are total of 171 TM Moves in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet that players will be able to teach their Pokémon by obtaining the TM Materials.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to craft TMs in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
What is TM in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
TM is a Technical Machine that works as a crafting mechanic of the game. Players will be able to craft new moves for their Pokémon through TM. There is a TM shop as well in the game that can be found in all the Pokémon Centers in the game. Every Pokémon Center has three different counters on them and if you go to the Green Counter, you will access TM Machine where you will be able to craft TM Move, or exchange TM Materials for League Points.
How to Unlock TM in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
Technical Machine will not be unlocked from start of the game but players can unlock it by the following methods.
- Progress through the main paths of the story to obtain a TM Move to unlock the TM.
- Find a TM Move recipe to unlock the ability to craft the TM.
- Find all the required resources for a TM Move to unlock the TM.
Players can do all of these things to unlock the TM but the main thing would be to progress through all the main paths of the game. Progressing through the story will allow you to explore different parts of Paldea from where you can easily get your hands on TM Materials to unlock TM.
How to Craft TMs in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
All the TM Moves require certain TM Materials that can be found from a couple of ways.
- You can find TM Materials from Catching or Defeating Wild Pokémon in the Paldea Region.
- You can find TM Materials from Finding the Shining Yellow Poke Ball at random locations in Paldea Region.
Players can encounter various Wild Pokémon in different areas of Paldea and by catching or defeating them, will acquire you some TM Materials. Players do have to go to certain places to find specific Pokémon that drops the Materials that they need or find the Yellow Poké Balls to obtain the TM Materials that they need.
Once they have obtained all the required resources for a TM Move, they will be able to craft it by following these steps.
- Go to any Pokémon Center in Paldea Region.
- Interact with the Green Robot with a Wii-Fi Sign at the Green Counter.
- Select the “I Want a TM Made” option to see the list of all the TM Moves.
- You will be able to craft the TM Moves for which you have all the resources. These TM Moves will have “Craftable” term on them.
- You need to select any one of the Craftable TM Moves and you will be able to teach that TM Move to one your Pokémon that can Learn that Move.
You can teach different TM Moves to different Pokémon so make sure to teach the TM Move to correct Pokémon to get full accuracy of the move.