Wondering why Rainbow Six Extraction keeps crashing on PC?
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction game not starting?
Don’t Worry! You’re in the right place. Find out the best solutions to quickly fix Rainbow Six Extraction crashing on Windows.
Fix Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing on PC
Solution 1: Check your System Specifications
The easiest way to fix Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction crashing on PC is to make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements.
Below are the Minimum & Maximum System Requirements of Rainbow Six Extraction
|CPU||Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz||Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|VIDEO CARD||Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB or AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB|
|FREE DISK SPACE||60 GB||60 GB|
|DEDICATED VIDEO RAM||4GB||4GB|
Solution 2: Update your Graphics Card Drivers To Fix Six Extraction Crashing
The next step is to check for the latest graphics card drivers updates available from the manufacture’s website. Normally, game crashing occurs when your graphics card drivers are incompatible with the operating system.
In such a case, you need to update your graphics card drivers manually by visiting the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA, AMD) or choosing a third-party drivers updater program like Driver Easy. Manually downloading the latest updated drivers can be tricky for most users.
Therefore we recommend updating it via Driver Easy with a few clicks it automatically finds the correct drives and update them. It is worth noting that you should also check for the latest version of DirectX on your computer. A good game operation may need the latest version of DirectX.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
- Launch the game and check whether it works without any crashes. Ty running Rainbow Six Extraction either on Vulkan (this requires the latest graphics driver) or DirectX 11.
Solution 3: Disable SMT Can Fix Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing
Disabling SMT (Simultaneous Multi-Threading) helps players to fix Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing issue. AMD Simultaneous Multi-threading technology helps improve the performance of its Ryzen CPUs.
However, sometimes SMT can cause problems with some applications.
- To disable SMT, you should enter BIOS and find the SMT or SMT mode setting and set it to Disabled.
- If this setting is not listed, you may need to update your BIOS.
Solution 4: Disable conflicting apps / Perform Clean Boot
Users on Reddit shared that Bitdefender is interfering with Rainbow Six Extraction. Temporarily, disabling the Antivirus software helps fix the Rainbow Six Extraction crashing issue on Windows PC.
“This also includes some utility programs provided by your hardware manufacturers that change your components or system settings (MSI Afterburner or Corsair Utility Engine, for example)
Performing a clean boot helps find out the problematic apps on your system. A clean boot allows you to start Windows without running non-Microsoft services. It would help you troubleshoot and determine what application or program is causing the problem.
If your game stops crashing, then you need to enable the startup item one by one to find the problematic one.
Solution 5: Stop overclocking to Fix Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing
In order to get rid of game crashing errors, you need to disable Overclocking. Many gamer with high-end hardware overclock CPU’s / GPU’s to get out little extra performance. If you’re one of them you should stop overclocking and try resetting your Processor / GPU to default settings.
Solution 6: Verify your game files
- Launch Steam, and go to the Game tab.
- Right-click Rainbow Six Extraction and select Properties.
- Go to Local Files and select Verify integrity of game files.
- Once complete, launch the game and check if the Rainbow Six Extraction crashing persists.
Once complete, launch the game and check if the Rainbow Six Extraction crashing persists