Here is exactly what you have to do to fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working in 2021.
Table of Contents
- Why is Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working?
- Originally Discussed on Reddit
- Solution 1 – Restart your Computer to Add Audio to a Discord Screen Share
- Solution 2 – Check the Server Status of Discord to fix Discord Screen Is Sharing but No Audio
- Solution 3 – Reset the Voice setting
- Solution 4 – Update the Audio Drivers to resolve Discord screen share no audio
- Solution 5 – Clear Discord Roaming Data
- Solution 6 – Update Discord
- Solution 7 – Disable the Antivirus
- Solution 8 – Add the Program
- Solution 9 – Reinstall Discord
- Solution 10 – Use Discord Legacy Audio Subsystem to fix no audio issue on Discord
- Solution 11 – Use Push to Talk
- Solution 12 – Check Computer Audio Settings to fix Discord Screen Share no audio
- Solution 13 – Use another Browser
- Discord Screen is Sharing but No Audio – Best Fixes for Chrome Desktop
- Discord Screen is Sharing but No Audio – Best Fixes for iPhone
- Discord Screen Share no audio android
Why is Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working?
The sound may not be available when sharing a screen on your device is an error many Discord users reports.
But, before we move on to fix discord stream audio not working, we will find out the reasons why discord audio sharing may not work on your Windows version.
How do I enable audio on-screen sharing Discord?
The most common reason you’re facing discord screen share no audio on android mobile or mac is that your screen sharing is in full mode.
Due to the full screen, the audio service is not responding, and that’s the reason no sound is coming from your computer speakers.
Minimize the window when you start screen sharing an app or a game on Discord.
- Audio feature might be in the beta version that is causing Discord no audio problem during screen sharing
The audio with the screen share mechanism might be in a beta version that makes Discord screen share audio, not stable enough.
- Corrupt Audio drivers make Discord Screenshare Audio not working
Corrupt audio drivers can punch this error right into your face.
If you reset Discord, you might be asked to log into the application from the start.
Grant administrative access to fix discord screen share audio loading.
Make sure the sound option is toggled to ON in the application window.
If this does not work, find out how to fix the Discord screen share no audio issue.
Below are workable solutions to fix discord screen share with no audio problems.
Originally Discussed on Reddit
Discord screen share audio not working was originally discussed on Reddit.
The problem came up when the audio suddenly stopped working properly. The user could hear everything when the other person shared the screen but, that person could not hear anything from that user.
The user made sure that the sound is toggled on and all the volumes are up and working. He also updated audio drivers, along with running both Discord and VLC as administrator, but that did not work for him.
It is not that these solutions do not help, it’s just that these didn’t work for him.
In fact here is what he did:
Go to “Game Activity” on your Discord settings menu, and click on the “Add it” button next to the text which says “Not seeing your game?”.
Open the program you want to share, and add it using the drop-down list which appears after you click “Add it”.
Solution 1 – Restart your Computer to Add Audio to a Discord Screen Share
Other programs running on your computer may conflict with Discord, causing the audio screen share problems while streaming on mobile or MacBook.
Restart the computer to remove the current state of the software and give your system a clean state.
Solution 2 – Check the Server Status of Discord to fix Discord Screen Is Sharing but No Audio
If the screen share doesn’t play sound, check the server status for Discord.
The outages indicate some maintenance or a problem on Discord’s end.
Wait for some time to get things in place.
If the servers show up and Discord screen share audio does not work, reset the voice settings.
Solution 3 – Reset the Voice setting
If you’re playing the game and Discord screen share game audio does not work, reset the voice settings to default to fix discord screen share audio.
Here is how you can do this:
- Launch Discord
- Click the settings icon
- Click Voice and video and then click reset voice settings
- Click okay
- Now test your screen again to test the audio
Solution 4 – Update the Audio Drivers to resolve Discord screen share no audio
A better approach is to update the device drivers manually by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
The other way is to update the driver automatically with software that you love.
The driver updater will recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it.
Solution 5 – Clear Discord Roaming Data
Temporary Discord files, corrupted cache files, and improper account settings result in discord screen share audio not working on MacBook or mobile.
- Exit Discord
- Type %appdata% in windows search bar
- Right-click Discord and select delete
- Relaunch Discord and give it a test
Solution 6 – Update Discord
Here’s how to update Discord:
- Press windows logo key + R to open Run command
- Type %localappdata% and click OK.
- Look for Discord and double-click it
- Double click ‘update.exe’ and wait for the process to complete
Rerun Discord and see if the issue is still there.
Solution 7 – Disable the Antivirus
If discord audio sharing may not work on your Windows version, then it’s likely that the antivirus is giving us some trouble.
Disable the antivirus temporarily so that we are sure nothing comes in between streaming.
Solution 8 – Add the Program
You have to add the program you wish to stream to Discord. This will make sure that the screen share audio is working on the desired program.
To do this, you have to:
- Click the Settings icon in Discord
- In the game status tab, click Add it
- Slide down the drop-down menu and select the program you want to share
- Click Add game
- Turn on the toggle next to overlay
Solution 9 – Reinstall Discord
Corrupted or damaged Discord files might likely cause the problem.
In this case, it is better to uninstall Discord and reinstall it again. Follow the steps to fix Discord screen share no audio android or chrome.
- Open Control panel
- Under programs, select uninstall a program
- Look for Discord and uninstall it
Download the app again and see if you can get the audio back on Discord screen share.
Solution 10 – Use Discord Legacy Audio Subsystem to fix no audio issue on Discord
If the Discord screen is sharing but no audio, the hardware is incompatible with Discord’s latest audio subsystem.
Switching to the legacy Audio subsystem will fix no audio issues on a Discord screen share.
- Go to the settings page in Discord
- Click Audio & video. Under audio subsystem, select legacy
- Click Okay
Solution 11 – Use Push to Talk
Enable the option push to talk to automatically detect audio activity and transmit it accordingly over the internet.
Solution 12 – Check Computer Audio Settings to fix Discord Screen Share no audio
Do make sure your computer recording input device is selected and check if Discord is allowed proper access in Microphone settings.
- Go to Microphone privacy settings on your computer
- Make sure the option for Allow apps to access your microphone is turned on
Now choose which apps can access your microphone. In this case Discord.
Save the settings.
Now, enable the correct recording device.
- Right-click sounds icon in the bottom bar of PC
- Select the Recording tab
- Select the correct recording device
- Save the changes
- Restart your system
You should now be able to transmit the sound.
In extreme cases, use the Audio Mixer application with the screen share.
Solution 13 – Use another Browser
Shift over to Opera or another browser you love.
This will share the sound of the application you’re trying to stream.
Discord Screen is Sharing but No Audio – Best Fixes for Chrome Desktop
If you tried to share your screen on Discord and noticed that the sound on your Chromebook was not working, then there are several quick fixes below:
- First off, make sure you have a stable internet connection
- Ensure the browser version is compatible with discord so that when you share a game, the discord detects the correct version of the browser
Google Chrome, Firefox 80+, Opera, Microsoft Edge 17+ (including Chromium Edge 79+ on Windows and macOS), Safari 11+ (available on macOS 10.13 High Sierra and up) are all compatible with Discord.
Now, that if the browser is compatible with your Discord and the screen share audio has not been fixed at this moment, make sure Discord has permission to use your browser’s sound.
The audio might not work if you haven’t given Discord permission to use your microphone with your browser.
Therefore, grant Discord permission to use your microphone with your browser to fix Discord’s no audio problem during screen sharing.
Here’s how it’s done on Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome
- Click the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen
- Chose settings from there
- Proceed to “Privacy & Security” on the appearing window
- Navigate to Site Settings > Microphone
- Look for Discord on the list
- Change from Block to Allow
This fixes the no-sound issue on Discord
Discord Screen is Sharing but No Audio – Best Fixes for iPhone
If Discord screen share audio not working on iPhone, here are a few things to try:
- Check for iPhone’s sytem updates
- In the settings, proceed to ‘general’
- Tap on the “Software Update” tab
- If there’s a new version of the OS, tap on Download and Install
You can also turn on the Automatic Update feature to allow updates beforehand.
The next thing to make sure of is the compatibility of your iPhone with Discord to fix discord screen share no audio mobile.
If you have iOS 10.0 or above, then the app is compatible with your system. IOS 10.0 is available for iPhones 5 through 7, iPads, and iPad Touch devices in terms of Apple models.
If the discord stream sharing audio is not working on the phone, switch from your Wi-Fi to your phone’s data or vice versa.
Make sure the Discord App is updated to make Discord screen share no audio work.
- Open the App store on iPhone
- Tap on profile in the upper-right corner of your screen
- Find Discord in the list
- Tap Update
Discord Screen Share no audio android
Fix no-sound issue when you’re using Discord to screen share on your Android by following the steps below:
- Check for system update by going into settings>system>Advanced
If any updates are rolling out, download and install them on your phone.
Now, check the Android compatibility with Discord to fix sound isn’t working when you share your screen on Discord.
Amazon 5 OS will do with Discord.
Remember that Discord is also compatible with other devices that use Google Play Services, so devices that don’t use GPS by default, like Kindle Fire, aren’t compatible with Discord.
- Open Google Play
- Go to the profile
- Go to “Manage apps & devices”
- Look for Discord on the list
- Tap Updates for any
Ensure your device has a stable internet connection to update Discord to fix discord screen share no audio on Android mobile.
We are happy to solve the Discord screen share no audio problem for you.
It will be helpful for us to know which exact solution got you out of this issue.
Even if no solutions work out, tell us so we can look further into the issue.