Here’s exactly what you have to do to fix Fortnite not loading or Fortnite stuck on the loading screen.
Table of Contents
- Why is Fortnite stuck on loading screen?
- Fix Fortnite is not loading into match
- Solution 1 – Reinstall Fortnite
- Solution 2 – Update Graphic Card Driver
- Solution 3 – Run the Game as Administrator to Fix Fortnite mobile not loading
- Solution 4 – Account Issues
- Solution 5 – Disable the Background applications to fix Fortnite stuck on connecting
- Solution 6 – Check if the servers are up
- Solution 7 – Make sure Windows are updated to resolve Forntnite won’t load problem
- Solution 8 – Adjust the Compatibility Mode
- Solution 9 – Verify your game files to fix Fortnite not loading ps4
- Solution 10 – Use DirectX 11 to fix Laggy Fortnite
- Fortnite not Loading on Switch
- Fortnite stuck on Connecting Screen?
- What do I do if Fortnite is stuck on loading screen Xbox?
- Why does Xbox one take forever to load Fortnite?
- Will deleting Fortnite reset progress?
- How can I make Fortnite load faster?
- Why is my PS4 not connecting to Fortnite?
- How do I make Fortnite update faster on ps4 2021?
- Why won’t my Fortnite textures load in?
- Fortnite Textures not Loading
- Fortnite skins not loading 2021
- Streaming settings will fix textures not loading on Fortnite
- How do I fix Fortnite not loading in 2020/2021
- Why is Fortnite zoomed-in on PS4?
- Why is fortnite not loading on mobile?
Why is Fortnite stuck on loading screen?
The question is ‘Is there an issue with Fortnite at the moment.
The answer is No. Everything is up and on the go.
However, if the game is not loading or stuck on screen, the reasons might be something else.
Some of the reasons why Fortnite won’t load are:
- Buggy issues in the game
- Graphic card issue causes Fortnite won’t load on screen
- Internet connection problems
This problem has also been discussed on Reddit, where the gamers are trying to find the solutions. However, most gamers are still facing the same issue.
But, don’t worry.
We have the solutions that will fix Fortnite’s not loading issue.
Fix Fortnite is not loading into match
If Fortnite is not loading on a switch and stuck on a loading screen, then work your way down the list until Fortnite is running again.
Solution 1 – Reinstall Fortnite
Before, reinstalling Fortnite on your system, restart the PC and try to open the game again to see if it fixes the Fortnite app not loading problem.
If this does not help, and Fornite still won’t load, try to reinstall the game.
Make sure to reinstall Fornite to the latest version. This should fix some buggy issues and hopefully resolve Fortnite loading issues.
Solution 2 – Update Graphic Card Driver
The most probable solution for almost any software issue is updating the driver to fix Fortnite not opening in-game on PC or Mac.
Therefore, in this case, the missing or outdated drivers in your computer can cause Fortnite not to load. Hence, verify that your graphics card drivers are up to date to avoid Fortnite’s won’t load issues.
Once you make sure your graphic card is updated, you will be able to play on either of the modes: Game battle royale, Creative, Save the World, Party Royale, etc.
Solution 3 – Run the Game as Administrator to Fix Fortnite mobile not loading
Granting admin rights to run Fornite will fix not loading problem.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder where Fortnite resides
- Right-click on Fortnite executable and select Run as administrator
- Click Yes
Solution 4 – Account Issues
Fortnite stuck on loading screen on PC can happen because of Fortnite account.
Try to play Fortnite on a computer of your friend, and if the Fortnite stuck on Epic Games loading screen (iOS) does not fix, then you need to get in touch with the Fortnite team.
Solution 5 – Disable the Background applications to fix Fortnite stuck on connecting
It is better to disable background applications that cause Fortnite not to load after an update. This will improve the performance when you try to play Fortnite.
Solution 6 – Check if the servers are up
Oftentimes, Fortnite servers go down and cause Fornite stuck on the loading screen. Therefore, go to their official Fortnite server status page and the server is up and running.
This solution also applies if Fortnite is not loading on ps5.
Solution 7 – Make sure Windows are updated to resolve Forntnite won’t load problem
It is very important to update the windows to have it going with the updated GPU drivers.
In the settings, you can go to the update and security option and click on check updates.
Check for the updates and click install.
Solution 8 – Adjust the Compatibility Mode
If Fortnite is not loading into match, then adjust the compatibility mode for the game to resolve Fortnite stuck on loading screen.
- Navigate to the Fortnite binaries directory (Default: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\)
- Locate FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe
- Right-click it
- Select Properties
- Click Compatibility
- Check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for
- Make sure your Windows version is selected
- Check the box next to Disable full screen optimzation
- Click Apply>Ok
Solution 9 – Verify your game files to fix Fortnite not loading ps4
If Fortnite is stuck on the loading screen on Xbox or Fortnite taking forever to load on ps4 then verify the game files are not missing or corrupt.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher
- Go to your Library
- Click the three dots next to Fortnite
- Click Verify in the appearing window
You will see that this solution will fix the Fortnite loading screen on ps4.
Solution 10 – Use DirectX 11 to fix Laggy Fortnite
If you’re having issues playing Fortnite, you can switch to DirectX11.
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher
- Click Settings
- Scroll down and expand Fortnite
- Check the box for Addional Command Line Arguments
- Enter d3d11, and then relaunch Fortnite
Fortnite not Loading on Switch
IF Fortnite not working on Nintendo switch 2021, it can ruin your gaming experience.
The reason why Fortnite not loading on Switch can be:
- Unexpected game error
- Connection or server problems
- Nintendo Switch firmware glitch
Here’s how you can troubleshoot the Fortnite crashing issue on Nintendo Switch
- Check for the server status
- Reboot your Nintendo Switch
- Reset the console system cache
- Delete corrupt game data to fix Fortnite not loading on Switch lite
- Reinstall the game
Fortnite stuck on Connecting Screen?
If Fortnite stuck on connecting screen or Fortnite not loading into the game PC, then do the following.
Note: The steps are almost the same
- Check if the servers are down
- Restart Fortnite
- Troubleshoot your home network
- Reinstall the game to fix can’t load into Fortnite
What do I do if Fortnite is stuck on loading screen Xbox?
Perform the same steps given above to fix Fortnite stuck on loading screen Xbox (one).
Why does Xbox one take forever to load Fortnite?
There can be many reasons as outlined above.
Therefore, close the game, reboot the device, or delete the game and install it again. IF Fortnite still takes forever to load, then reach out to the Fortnite team for further help.
Will deleting Fortnite reset progress?
Yes, you will eventually lose all the local saved data. However, your profile data is saved in the cloud. You can recover your Fortnite characters and stats after reinstalling the game.
How can I make Fortnite load faster?
To avoid Fortnite stuck on the loading screen, you have to make the game load faster.
- Adjust the in-game settings
- Update the drivers
- Check for CPU/RAM demanding applications
- Clean your system
- Upgrade hardware
Fortnite: Minimum Requirements
- CPU: Core i3 2.4GHz
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- HDD: 16GB Free Space
- GPU: Intel HD 4000 (integrated graphics)
- OS: Windows 7, 8, or Windows 10 64-bit
- DirectX: Version 11 or better
Fortnite: Recommended Requirements
- CPU: Core i5 2.8GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- HDD: 16GB Free Space
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7870 or equivalent video card with dedicated memory of 2GB or higher VRAM.
- OS: Windows 7, 8.1, or Windows 10 64-bit
- DirectX: Version 11 or better
Why is my PS4 not connecting to Fortnite?
Servers going down, or connection issues, or system-wide issues can be the factors for Fortnite not opening on pc or stuck on the screen. Hence, you will not be able to connect to the Epic Games Launcher.
How do I make Fortnite update faster on ps4 2021?
Some possible solutions to fix Fortnite not responding on the loading screen:
- Close the game and all other applications
- Put the console into Reset Mode
- Move the console close to your Wi-Fo router or use the ethernet cable
- Change your DNS settings: Go to the Network settings and choose to set up your DNS manually.
Input the Primary DNS as 188.8.131.52 and the Secondary DNS as 184.108.40.206. This will connect you using Google’s public DNS and help speed up your Fortnite download.
Why won’t my Fortnite textures load in?
The outdated or corrupted graphics card driver in the computer or PC can cause Fortnite textures won’t load issues.
Updating the graphics has always been a precautionary measure to avoid Fortnite graphics problems. Once you do that, restart your computer system to resolve Fortnite not loading.
Fortnite Textures not Loading
If Fortnite texture’s not loading on PC or mobile then you need to lock fps in Fortnite.
We have to lock the FPS to a new value in order to improve the gaming experience.
Here’s a step-by-step solution to fix Save the world Fortnite not loading (textures):
- Launch Run command
- Type %localappdata% in there
- Navigate to ForniteGame>Saved>Config>WindowsClient
- Right-click on Gamesusersettings. Make sure read only is not enabled
- Tap on it
- Now, scroll down till we find frame rate limit.
- Change it to 90
- Save the changes
Fortnite skins not loading 2021
If your fortnite performance load textures are not loading then you need to disable shuffle readouts. Navigate to your locker and disable stuffing presets.
Streaming settings will fix textures not loading on Fortnite
Disable the streaming settings to solve the textures problem.
- Launch Epic Games Launcher
- Click Fornite settings
- Delete the –NOTEXTURESTREAMING command in the Additional Command Line Arguments menu
How do I fix Fortnite not loading in 2020/2021
Here’s a summary to fix Fortnite not loading after update on mobile or PlayStation:
- Restart the PC
Restart the router
- Update the drivers
- Adjust compatibility mode
- Check for the server status
Why is Fortnite zoomed-in on PS4?
While playing Fortnite on ps4, the game be zoomed in.
- Go to the settings
- Click on the sound and screen option on the screen
- Open the display area settings
Why is fortnite not loading on mobile?
Fortnite stuck or not responding on Android is due to a network issue or a glitch in the game software.
When this happens a message comes up saying ‘running’ or ‘busy’ on the loading screen and then nothing really happens.