PS5 Error code CE-106667-6 | Something went wrong, download failed is one of the many PlayStation (PS5) errors.
It shows up when you try to download any of the digital video games on your Ps5 console-like Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Demon’s Souls Remastered, COD Black Ops Cold War, and Godfall.
This sadly pops up the ps5 Error code CE-106667-6 | Something went wrong, download failed error on your screen.
Therefore, in this step-by-step tutorial, you will learn how to fix ps5 Error CE-106667-6, something went wrong.
Why does my PS5 keep saying something went wrong?
The reasons underlined for PS5 Error CE-106667-6 are:
- PS5 has not updated to the latest version of the ps5 system software
- Internet connection is slow
How to Fix PS5 Something Went Wrong, download failed error
In order to fix the download failed error CE-106667-6 on your ps5, follow the methods below one by one until the problem there is no more.
Solution 1 – Test Internet Connection and Reset it to fix ps5 Error CE-106667-6
Turn off the Wi-Fi on PS5 and turn it back on again and check the connection works properly. If the connections are via Ethernet, make sure to plugin properly.
If this does not help, continue troubleshooting to fix PS5 Error CE-106667-6, something went wrong.
Related Article: Turn off the PS5 DualSense Controller Mic
Related Article: Fix PlayStation 5 Error Code CE-100028-1
Solution 2 – Reset your PS5 Console to fix ps5 Error CE-106667-6
Reset your PS5 console to fix the CE-106667-6 error code on PS5.
- On the Start page of ps5 console, go to settings options.
- Navigate to System option > System Software > Reset
- Reset your console option and restart the comsole to complete the reset of your PS5.
This will reset your ps5 console to factory default settings.
Solution 3 – Reset Your Game Download to Resolve ps5 Error CE-106667-6
On your PS5 console, restart the download of your game. The download will start from the point where it left, not from the beginning.
Solution 4 – Restart in Safe Mode to fix PS5 Error CE-106667-6
Note: You will not lose your personal data and content in safe mode.
- Turn off the PS5 console by pressing the front power button on the controller.
- Leave it pressed to access the safe mode until a second beep appears. The first beep will sound when you first press the power button The second beep will sound roughly seven seconds later.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button oin the controller.
- Your PS5 has now entered the safe mode.
- Select Restart PS5 and press the X to reboot your console in safe mode.
Resume the game and check to see if the PS5 Error code CE-106667-6 is there anymore.
Solution 5- Improve and Stabalize the Connection to fix ps5 error CE-106667-6
It might be possible that you do not have a stable internet connection. This may be due to the distance between the console and the router.
Therefore, try to bring the console setup closer to the router or do it the other way you like. This will allow the signal to improve and stabilize the connection. Alternatively, you can purchase a router with higher capacities to save yourself in the future.
Still, if the problem persists, continue troubleshooting to fix the ps5 download something went wrong Error CE-106667-6.
Solution 6 – Update the Firmware to fix ps5 error E-106667-6
Apparently, PlayStation does this on its own, it is equally important to check if the console is up to date.
- Open the Settings.
- Search for the system > system software > system software update ad settings > update system software.
- The process will check for the updates. If its finds, don’t turn off your PS5.
This solution will solve PS5 Error CE-106667-6.
Solution 7 – Get in touch with the Technical Service
This is the last of the things you can possibly do because the problem may be in your console and the technical support is capable of solving PS5 Error CE-106667-6 code.