NZXT Cam not opening or loading on your PC or you are seeing a message that NZXT Cam no supported cooling devices found? For many users, the NZXT Cam does not detect devices so here we have compiled a list to fix these issues.
NZXT Cam is a reliable tool to monitor PC’s temperature on Windows PC. This tool also lets you manage and control all the NZXT devices.
However, users keep reporting that NZXT Cam won’t detect Kraken or shows GPU load or temp. Sometimes the users also see an error message that no supported lighting devices were found.
If you are also dealing with a situation where the NZXT Cam not opening or it’s not showing/detecting supported devices then you should read this article.
Why NZXT Cam Not Working Properly?
The NZXT Cam has multiple problems that are triggered due to different reasons. The most common issues are:
NZXT CAM not opening issue arises when you are running another similar tool that is preventing Cam from running or faulty corrupt drivers. The not opening issue is usually a software-related problem.
NZXT CAM not installing problem arises when the user has recently deleted the Cam but failed to remove all the traces from Windows PC or it may be the wrong PC settings.
NZXT CAM not detecting devices mostly users see NZXT cooler or Kraken not being detected because either the hardware is not supported or it’s not connected to the system. Sometimes wrong chipset drivers also cause the CAM not to show anything.
NZXT CAM not showing FPS Just like the MSI Afterburner FPS overlay the Cam won’t show FPS if you haven’t enabled On-Screen Display from its settings.
NZXT Cam does not show CPU temp, GPU temp, fan speed, or lightning, it happens because you have disabled OSD options.
How To Fix NZXT Cam not Opening on Windows 10/11
Apply the below-mentioned fixes if the NZXT Cam does not show GPU load or simply won’t detect devices.
Uninstall CAM Traces and Reinstall
After installing if the NZXT Cam not launching even though you have tried running it with administrator access. It’s because you might be reinstalling Cam without first removing its traces.
Follow these steps to Install Cam afresh:
- First, uninstall CAM software using the uninstaller that comes with CAM.
- You can find the Cam’s uninstaller by accessing the folder where you have installed the CAM.
- Find the uninstaller and run it.
- Clean every bit of traces that include Short Cut.
- Delete every file that had “NZXT” or “CAM” written with it.
- Press Win + E and type %appdata% to open it. Locate Cam-related files or folders in the Local or Roaming folder and delete them.
- Open the system32 folder and locate Tasks and remove CAM files.
- Reboot your PC.
- Download the Microsoft tool to make sure and fix any problems relating to installation.
- After that Download the NZXT CAM and install it.
In most cases, the program starts opening without any issue in not then proceeds to the next fix.
Create Local Admin Account
If the NZXT Cam not working on Windows 10 you can try creating another admin account to access Windows PC.
Now Sign-in the Windows using the new account and access NZXT Cam to open it. Once it opens keep it running and switch back to your usual Windows login.
Many users fixed the not working problem this solution also fixes the lighting set right, Kracken display set correctly.
Enable Cam in Windows 10 Startup
If the NZXT Cam not opening on Windows 10/11 it’s because you might have disabled it from running in the startup. Follow these steps to fix it:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings > Apps
- From the left side click on the Startup tab.
- Locate the NZXT Cam from the list and make sure to turn the slider On.
Related: Fixed: Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10/8/7
Enable On-screen Display
For some users the NZXT Cam won’t show FPS, CPU temp, or GPU temp, it’s because they have disabled the OSD settings within the app.
Enable the on-screen setting by following these steps:
- Start the NZXT Cam.
- Go into its Settings and find its OSD Settings.
- Enable the CPU temp, GPU temp, FPS in Overlay and Mini Mode Tab
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
Install the Latest Microsoft .NET Framework
Microsoft .NET Framework is an essential app that is required to run third-party apps on Windows PC. If it’s getting outdated or corrupted you might see NZXT Cam not opening problem.
Try to re-install the latest version of the .NET Framework by visiting the official site. Now follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Allow the app in Windows Firewall
The NZXT Cam not opening or launching problem can also occur if the Windows Firewall is preventing it from running. It’s because the Firewall is considering some of Cam’s files as a threat to the system.
You need to add Cam to the firewall so that it can run. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R key and type Control Panel.
- Go to the System & Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the left side click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”
- In the following windows from the list select CAM and Tik the boxes under the Private and Public tab.
- Click OK and Restart the software to check if it fixed NZXT CAM not opening.
Uninstall Third-Party Apps
There are plenty of other PC monitoring programs for PC that performs pretty much similar functions. For example, if you installed MSI Afterburner, Corsair, or Asus AI Suit 3 these tools might interfere with Cam preventing it from opening.
Try to uninstall any such software that might cause interference and then run the app.
Reinstall the Device Drivers
If the NZXT Cam says that no supported cooling devices were found or the Cam-powered device is not recognized. Then remove the current drivers for that hardware and reinstall it again.
To do that follow these steps:
- Press Win + R to type in Control Panel and open it.
- Click on View Devices and Printers under the Hardware and Sound section.
- Under the “Unspecified” section in this menu, you will see some devices listed here. Right-click and select “Remove device“.
- If you are seeing devices labeled as Asetek USB Device, MCP2200 USB Serial Port Emulator, NZXT USB Device, USB212C HID Device, or Unknown USB Device. Remove these devices and then restart your PC.
NZXT Cam Not Detecting Kraken
If you have Kraken X31, X41, X42, X52, X53, X61, X62, X63, X72, or X73 cooler and NZXT Cam is not recognizing the try to download a Chipset driver from here.
Extract the Zip folder, right-click on the AseUSB.inf file, and select Install. This will install the driver for your Kraken coolers. Once installed, restart your PC.
If you are still seeing NZXT no supported cooling devices found then there might be an issue with USB connections. Make sure that Cam-powered devices are properly connected with the motherboard.
Check the USB header if the CAM device gets recognized on another USB header then there’s a problem with it.
If the problem persists and the NZXT Cam won’t show devices then you need to contact NZXT’s Customer Support.
NZXT Cam Not Showing GPU Load
Does NZXT Cam always show 0% GPU load even when playing games? Try these steps to fix this problem.
- Right-click on your Desktop and choose Display settings.
- Switch to the Display tab.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced display settings. A new dialogue box will appear.
- Select the Troubleshoot tab, then click on the Change settings button.
- In the Hardware acceleration section, move the pointer fully towards Full.
- Click OK to apply your settings, and restart your computer.