PlayStation 5 (PS5) Error code NW-102216-2 “unable to connect to the server” is one of the many PS5 errors classified as a Network issue.
This results in the user being unable to connect to the server, i.e. PlayStation Network.
Due to Error code NW-102216-2, gamer are also experiencing problems such as disconnecting network connection, updating issues etc.
Therefore, this guide helps you to quickly fix PS5 Error Code NW-102216-2, so you are back-on your gaming.
What Does NW-102216 2 Error Mean On PS5?
First, let’s understand what is NW-102216 2 Error.
PS5 error nw-102216 2 on PS5 is related to Internet connections which means that you are unable to connect to the server or connect PS5 to WIFI.
It can also be described as the problem with the server or a problem with your Internet connection. You will see this message often as “Obtain IP address failed” “Something went wrong“
The issue has come to light following the release of PS5 update 21.01-03.00.00, which adds the ability to store PS5 games on an external storage device.
Since, it is classified as a Network issue, and results in the user being unable to connect to the server, Sony has fully acknowledged it and have also provided some solutions themselves.
Also Read: Windows 10 Volume Control Button Not Working
Why Does My PS5 Keep Disconnecting From the Internet?
Some Reasons why your PS5 have bad connections or network problems are as follows:
- No internet in the Wi-Fi connection
- Slow or fluctuating internet connection
- The PlayStation 5 console is too far from the Wi-Fi router
- PSN (PlayStation Network) itself is offline
- PlayStation console hardware problem
These are some of the reasons to why your PS5 keeps disconnecting from WIFI.
Solution 1 – Restart Your Console to Fix PS5 nw-102216-2
The foremost solution is to restart your PS5 console. Here’s how you can do this:
- Press the PlayStation button on your Console.
- It will pop-up the Control Center.
- Select Power Icon
- Restart Console.
If this does not fix PS5 network problem then move to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Check for PlayStation 5 Network Status
We recommend that you wait for some time until the error gets automatically fixed. Meanwhile, you can check out server status of the PS5. If it is down to offline, you have to wait it out and make sure the sever is up again and running.
Solution 3 – Use Wired Connection
If the server status of the PS5 is up to date and you are still facing error NW-102216-2, you have to get into the internet connection and connect to Wi-Fi switch over to length essentially have a wired connection setup into your PlayStation 5 rather than a Wi-Fi network.
Solution 4 – Change WIFI Band From Automatic to 5 Gigahertz
Click on the Options button and change the Wi-Fi frequency bans from automatic to 5 gigahertz. Still, if this does not work the way, 2.4 gigahertz will fix error code NW-102216-2. Otherwise, keep it back on automatic.
Solution 5 – Change Router DNS Settings
You can perform ps5 nw-102216-2 fix by clicking into the WIFI network you are connected to.
- Click into Advanced Settings
- Change the DNS settings to manual and you’re going to change the”
The only problem there is if your are not within the U.S, you might want to use a different DNS server because this is East Coast Pacific for the US. You can easily find fast and good DNS servers online.
Solution 6 – How To Fix PS5 Error Code NW-102261-2
- Try opening the following ports — TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3480, and UDP: 3478, 34709 and 49152~65535
- Go to DNS settings in the Network Settings, and configure your network settings with the number of a public DNS that is free and opened to the public by companies or organizations.
- If using a wireless connection, review the installation location, for example by bringing your PS5 closer to your router or removing anything interrupting the connection between the devices.
- Update your router’s firmware. (For further details on how to update or find IP address of your router, please contact the router vendor.)
- Navigate to the networks settings and set up a static IP address manually to improve it
These are some of the solutions you can try to fix PlayStation 5 Error Code NW-102216-2 “Unable to Connect to the Server”.