Do you want to use the green screen on CapCut to create stunning videos? But how to use the green screen on CapCut? Don’t worry, this post comes with a step-by-step guide on how to do a green screen on CapCut.
Capcut is a video editing app that can be used on both Android and iOS devices. It offers a wide range of editing features, such as splitting, adjusting speed, reversing, zooming in, cropping, adding text, and stickers, applying filters, blurring the background, overlaying, utilizing Chroma Key, velocity editing, and much more.
Capcut users can take advantage of the green screen feature to replace the background of their videos with a different one. This video editor makes it possible to remove the original background and replace it with any desired image or video.
In this article, we’ll explain to you how to use the green screen on Capcut. So, let’s begin.
How to Use Green Screen on Capcut?
There are two different methods to use the green screen on Capcut to remove its background effortlessly. Let’s take a look.
Method 1: Use Chroma Key Option
To use the green screen feature in CapCut, make sure that you have the green screen overlay saved in your gallery. If you don’t already have one, you can visit websites such as Pixabay and Pexels to download free green screen videos. Additionally, you can use the screen recorder function to capture your own green screen video.
- Launch the CapCut app on your device, click the New Project, choose a video as the background, and tap the Add to open it.
- Once done, click the Overlay and then Add overlay to select your green screen clip from your camera roll, and click the Add.
- Scroll the menus at the bottom to the right and tap on Chroma Key and you’ll get a color picker.
- Tap and hold the color picker and move around to select the color you want to remove.
- Once done, click the Intensity option, and drag the slider to the right to adjust the intensity of the color removal until the chosen color has been removed.
- Click the Shadow and move the slider to give a shadow effect to your video.
- Once done, click the checkmark to apply the Chroma Key effect. Then save and export your video.
Method 2: Use the Background Remover Tool
Along with the chroma key feature, CapCut also offers a background remover tool that enables users to change the video’s green screen. This tool automatically removes the green screen background when users tap on the “Remove background” option. Below is a step-by-step guide to using this feature.
- Open the CapCut app, click the New Project, select a video as the background, and tap the Add to open it.
- Tap the Overlay menu at the bottom, then click the Add overlay to choose the green screen clip from your gallery, and hit Add.
- Swipe right on the menu bar and click the Remove background button. CapCut will automatically remove the green screen background.
- Continue to edit your video and then export your video.